When Ameera has found out she was pregnant, she wasn't happy

When Ameera has found out she was pregnant, she wasn't happy. She didn't want a child that early in her life. Hashir wanted the opposite. He wanted a child to play with. To spoil. To protect. To love.

It broke his heart when he found out that Ameera wasn't happy with the news. He knew she wanted a child later on in their marriage.

Over time, Ameera had grown accustomed to the child growing in her stomach. She was happy that she got pregnant. It was like the last puzzle piece that was missing had been found.

But nothing could've prepared them for the unfortunate day.

They knew they were having a daughter. They had had a gender reveal just a few days before the cursed day. They had spent hours shopping for their little girl and decorating her nursery.

Ameera spent a lot of time in the nursery while she was pregnant. In a way, she wanted her child to get used to it. But after the miscarriage, nor Ameera nor Hashir stepped foot in that nursery again. If one of the two even walked past the room, their eyes would sting with tears.

Ameera looked down at the child in front of her. The little girls big brown eyes staring at her, her little fist tucked in her mouth. Her milky skin soft. Her soft, silky hair covering her little head. But what captivated Ameera most was her eyes. She had never seen eyes like this child's before. They were brown, with hues of grey. From far away, they looked dark brown. But as you moved closer, you could see the specks of grey and hazel.

"Ameera, what did you mean by it wa-," Hashir was cut off by the sight in front of him. His wife was bent down at the entrance of the door and in front of her was a box, holding a little child dressed in pink.

Hashir froze.

They both seemed to be in shock.

Until Hashir snapped out of it. "Who the hell is this?" He pointed at the now cooing baby. When Ameera didn't reply, he stepped forward to reach towards the cardboard box. "We have to take it to the police station," he said, his voice bitter and emphasizing 'it'.

"Wait!" Ameera screeched and Hashir stopped. "Umm, there's a huge storm outside and it's really dangerous to be out at this time," she softly said.

"I don't care," he gritted out.

Ameera stood up and looked her husband in his eyes. "Please Hashir," she almost whimpered out.

Hashir stared at her for a few seconds before stalking off towards his home office. Ameera let out a breath she didn't know she was holding in. She turned around and looked at the little baby that seemed to be about two months old. Her eyes softened as she looked at her.

She shakily reached out and held the baby in her arms.

"You're so beautiful," she whispered and smiled at the child. The child just let out a little coo, trying to understand what she was saying. Ameera let out a small laugh at the baby's attempt and wiped the tears that had fallen once again.