B O N U S # 1

J A C K S O N

~ ~ ~
...roughly two years after the epilogue
~ ~ ~

"Nerida," I called, fixing my cuff links. "We're going to be late!"

After all these years, Nerida still can't understand the concept of getting ready on time.

I took a deep breath and loosened the bow tie around my neck. I can't remember the last time I wore one of these monkey suits.

It only makes sense that Nerida is the one who got me back into one.

"Jackson, by now you should know that you can't rush excellence."

I spun around so fast I almost got whiplash. It was moments like these where I wondered why I ever decided to wait for marriage.

She wore a silk, off the shoulder emerald green dress. With every step she took, the thigh high split revealed her caramel legs. She looked like a goddess; my goddess.

She made her way next to me, sliding her hands around my waist, under my jacket

"Do you like it?" She asked slyly.

"I love it. You could wear a garbage bag and I'd still think you're the most beautiful woman to ever grace the Earth."

She bit her lip and blushed, shaking her straightened hair behind her shoulders.

"Stop being corny. If I actually wore a garbage bag you'd run and hide," she said, turning away from me and striding towards the kitchen.

"We both know you do all the running and hiding in this relationship my love," I replied as I trailed behind her.

She went right for the bowl of strawberries on the countertop, picking up one in each hand and alternating bites.

"You're nervous," I stated as I came up behind her.

"I think that's warranted. This is only the most important night of my career."

In the last couple years, Nerida has made strides with her art. She's gathered a serious fan base on social media and is now very well known.

So much say that she attracted the attention of a very wealthy lady in Los Angeles. She has decided to feature Nerida's work in her art gallery.

They flew us out to LA and arranged for us to stay at Sel, one of the biggest hotel chains in the world.

Just to give you an idea of how rich this chick actually was, she was a model, fashion designer, artist and on top of everything else, an heiress. Her parents were one of the owners of the hotel we were staying at.