B O N U S # 3

J A C K S O N

~ ~ ~

...this also takes place within the two year leap
(between chapters 8 & 9)
some time before the previous bonus chapter though
~ ~ ~

"Twelve," Nerida giggled as I completed yet another pull up with her hanging on to my arm like a monkey.

"C'mon chubs! You're doing great," Nerida cheered, in her absolute glory. I could only compare her joy to a child playing on a monkey bar for the first time, even though she does this every single time we come to the gym.

I completed the final pull up and then dropped to the floor, carefully holding on to Nerida's body that was still wrapped around mine.

She happily applauded, praising me for completing twenty pull-ups with an extra one hundred and twenty pounds attached to my body.

I walked towards the bench and grabbed a water for her and myself.

"I don't even know why you come to the gym Neri," I said to her as she gulped down the water, holding onto the bottle with both hands. "You don't do any exercise."

"Oh darling," she sighed dramatically as she redid the cap on her water bottle. "Don't you know that the only reason I come here is to ogle you as you work out?"

She wiggled her eyebrows and I laughed at her quirkiness, wondering why I even try sometimes.

"I'm just saying, maybe it'll do you some good if while at the gym, you actually exercise," I replied as I took a sip of my water. I sat on the bench and Nerida adjusted her position on my lap.

"But I do exercise," she said defiantly. "Everything you do I do it too.

"Yeah, clinging to my body."

She gave me a little stink face and I smiled cheekily, sticking my tongue out at her.

"I think the real reason you like to come to the gym is to flaunt your athletic wear," I teased.

The moment the words left my lips, I regretted them, having realized I trapped myself. My eyes automatically went to the short, grey tights and trust me, they don't call them tights for nothing.

I don't understand why I keep doing this to myself

Around thirty minutes later I was finally finished with my workout and we made our way back up to our apartment. One of the best features in this building was definitely the gym.