His Expression Cracked

Note: 'Madame Lu' will be changed to 'Old Madame Lu'. In the future, Bai Yu Yan will be referred to as 'Madame Lu'.  

Xuyi was concentrating on matching his Master's pace as he followed after him. When he abruptly slowed down, confused, Xuyi looked up at him. What he saw was his Master, Lu Tong Xiao, was walking leisurely as he admired the flowers of Plum Garden.

A crow went above his head.

Even during the full bloom of spring, when everyone is intoxicated in the beauty of pale pink cherry blossoms and the ladies in the imperial palace dressed up and frolicked around the garden like butterflies, his Master with stoic face ignored them like the passing clouds. So, just what was happening to his Master today?

Xuyi wondered if anything was amiss. He had always been with his master so if anything was different he would have been the first to notice it. Although not very good in the thinking department, he racked his brain until he finally thought of something.

Is it because of Madame?

However, it shouldn't have been the case since his master was not enthusiastic about the marriage.

Although still not convinced, he couldn't think of any other reason. Cheering himself Xuyi thanked the heavens above for finally showing him mercy. If this follows, he might have some days of rest and peace in the future.

Blooming like a sunflower, he joined his master to admire the flowers.

Lu Tong Xiao was getting ready to turn his attention from tulips to camellia when suddenly he heard the direction of the footsteps change. Perplexed, he turned to look sideways.

A woman in green dress, with her skirt lifted in her hands, was running as if dogs were chasing after her. Even the little maid seemed to have difficulty catching up to her.

Thinking he was mistaken, Lu Tong Xiao squinted his eyes against the glare of the sun to look carefully.

Nope, still that woman.

She was running like an arrow!

And..definitely not in his direction.

When he saw the scene, he could no longer maintain his 'nonchalant' expression.

Xuyi, looking at his master's face turn into different shades and finally settling to black, nearly got scared to death. He was emitting an extremely cold pressure, frightening the servants nearby.

"What are you dawdling for? Walk fast!", giving out a cold command, Lu Tong Xiao flung his sleeve and walked away in large stride.

Behind him, the still confused but terrified Xuyi cried out in his heart and ran behind his master.

In the Autumn courtyard, Bai Yu Yan heaved a relieved sigh as she came out of the restroom. In order to maintain her 'timid' daughter-in-law impression, she couldn't just enter Madame Lu's restroom to relieve herself. So, she had no option but to run to her courtyard. Fortunately, there was no one nearby to see her in that embarrassing state.

Patting her cheeks, she looked down to see her maid who just reached the room. Xiao Fan was squatting by the door as she was catching her breath like a dog.

"Miss, how could you run so fast ah? You even left Xiao Fan behind."

"What's wrong with running ah? It's good for health." Bai Yu Yan smoothened out the nonexistent creases on her skirt and sashayed to the couch, "Look at how much fat you have accumulated from eating at the Lu manor. If this continues, you'll turn into a pig"

Xiao Fan looked at her stick-like arms and then at her miss'. Where is fat, ah? They both were light enough to be blown away by the strong wind.

Ignoring the silly maid, Bai Yu Yan leaned on the couch to deliberate on some serious matter. She had to think of a way to operate clothing store in ancient times. However, for that her identity would become an obstacle. Firstly, as the Prime Minister's wife, she couldn't openly handle a little shop that was running in loss. Secondly, using modern design in this era will prove out to be disastrous without even trying.

Adding to the fact that she is already the talk of the town for marrying the Prime Minister, people are eagerly waiting to see her make a joke out of herself. Any mistake and they would directly drown her in their spit. Hence, if anyone in the capital is to be seen wearing her 21st-century design, the male lead would definitely strangle her first before kicking her out of the manor.

Frustrated, Bai Yu Yan massaged her temples. There were death flags no matter which choice she made. Nonetheless, she had to do something in order to survive.

In modern time, Bai Yu Yan was the daughter of a businessman. With doting parents and good privileges, life had always been kind to her. After failing to get into her desired college, her life took a great hit. When her dad offered to get her into the college through donations, she had questioned her own worth, if she was anything without her parents' money. She then went to live with her grandmother for a year before flying to the US to learn design, vowing to come back only when she can look into her dad's proud eyes.

Although Bai Yu Yan grew up in riches, living with her grandmother turned her into a simple person. Her journey as a designer had never been a smooth sailing one. When she stepped into the fashion industry, there were not many renowned Asian designers and it was very difficult for her to prove herself to everyone. But one thing she knew was that she had to reach the goal she had set for herself, becoming the world-renowned fashion designer. Pushing her limits, working day and night even when it came to the point of forgetting days of meals or sleep, she finally reached the pinnacle of her dream.

Unfortunately, she seems to have used up all her luck in the first half of her life. When she finally achieved her dream, she was thrown in this unknown world. She remembered she was sleeping on the train before waking up in this world.

Sometimes, she wondered if her old man was doing fine in the other world. Fortunately, she still had a little brother to take care of her parents. Her only regret was not being able to see their proud face.

Bai Yu Yan was looking up at the ceiling when a drop of tear slid down her eyes. She closed her eyes to keep her emotions at bay. It was not the time for it. There was still a big hurdle in front of her. Even if the fate of the original owner is to perish, she will not give up. Not until she finds a way to go back. Until then, she will definitely live this life to her fullest.