Looking For Her

In an old inn right outside the capital, a room at the top left corner was unlike its shabby exterior. The night lamp illuminated the room where luxurious carpets were laid out on the floor. The silk bed sheet was spread on the huge bed. A striking but gentle-looking man in a white robe was sitting on the couch. With a tea set on the table before him, in an experienced manner, he was making tea with graceful movements.

A man in black cloth was half-kneeling on the ground, with his head bowed, waiting for his master's command.

"Did you find the person?", A low magnetic voice reverberated inside the room.

The man took a moment before answering, "Your Highness, this servant should be punished for his incompetence! We looked everywhere in the capital but there was no trace of that person."

Silence ensued in the room. The fair hands making the tea paused for a second. The man on the ground felt a heavy pressure forcing him backward, still, he gritted his teeth and maintained the position on one knee. Suddenly the pressure vanished as if it was withdrawn and he breathed a sigh of relief.

"Stand up! It's not your fault. We did not have enough information to begin with.", saying this he calmly continued to make tea.

Finally, the man on the ground looked up. Finding a woman just based on the information that the person has a mole at the tip of her ear was like finding a needle at the bottom of the sea. Although he really wanted to find his person for his master, they had no way unless they could openly search for her. Thankfully, his master was not unreasonable. It was one of the reasons why he respected him from his heart. He then remembered another important matter and reported "Your Highness, the preparation is complete. It's time to show ourselves now. The Xin country received the message and is expecting our arrival. We cannot go undercover anymore."

The man on the couch dipped his long fingers in a bowl of clean water. Another servant on the side passed him a clean towel. Taking it, he spoke, "It's almost time. Inform everyone to prepare to leave here tomorrow early morning. Also...keep on looking for her."

"This servant obeys Your Highness.", receiving the command he left the room.

After the servants went away, the man was left alone, he stood up and went to the open window. The gentle breeze caressed the hair on his forehead. From inside his sleeve, he drew out something. When he opened his hands, there were three shiny silver tales reflecting the moonlight. Looking at them on his palm, the tip of his fingers gently slid on its surface while his mind thought of the back view of its owner.

.

After going home that day, Bai Yu Yan began to work on the design of the dress. Having lived in this world for more than two weeks, she had seen enough of the trend of this time. Thus, knew of what would be considered acceptable as per the ancient tradition.

Yu Yan had taught Zhang Song a few things on that day. She wanted her to practice more of it so that she could help her from the very first order. Because the Prime Minister's residence would also be attending the spring banquet, she had to make something for herself as well. So she would not have time to personally make those dresses all by herself.

A sudden knock on the door broke Yu Yan's concentration from her drawing. She looked up and ordered Xiao Fan to check the person at the door while she massaged her sore neck. The drawing was halfway done leaving for the finishing touch to be added. Thinking about the little details, she grabbed a nearby cloth and cleaned the dark smudge on her fingers left from using the charcoal stick.

When Xiao Fan reported the person at the door, Bai Yu Yan raised her brow. It was Fan Lu, the very servant she had interrogated about the maid's dress a while before. She remembered it clearly.

Yu Yan had been ignored by the maids of the Autumn courtyard since the very beginning, not that she cared. Of course, after Lin Momo's show of power, she had seen their attitude visibly change. Her meals started to get delivered on time, the courtyard was regularly cleaned, the laundry was washed thoroughly. Overall, Gui Momo had managed everything well but neither her nor of the other servants had personally come to her for anything, leaving her in peace. So curious as to why this maid came at this time, she ordered Xiao Fan to let her inside.

Fan Lu, who had come inside, was carrying a plate in her hand. Her hair was still tied into two cute looking buns and her big watery eyes reflected innocence.

"Madame Lu, this servant saw that the light in the room was not put out. Thinking that Madame is still working at this hour, this servant made late-night snacks and brought them here.", her voice sounded sweet but hesitant.

Xiao Fan's eyes went wide hearing her. Even Yu Yan was confused but she composed herself and told her to keep it on the table.

An awkward silence hung in the air. Fan Lu didn't go away immediately but stood there. Bai Yu Yan also didn't tell her to leave, she waited to see what Fan Lu wanted to do.

After long hesitation she spoke. "Madame Lu, this servant is here to ask for forgiveness for what happened previously. B_But if this servant had not done what the other servants did, they would make it difficult for this servant. If madame is willing to give a chance, this servant will serve Madame properly in the future.", she didn't raise her head all the while.

Yu Yan was not surprised. In fact, as long as they did their work well, she had no problem with what they thought about her as she had always thought of herself as the guest. But now she realized that having a few people whom she could rely on some matters was not so bad.

"Alright. Go now and from tomorrow, do your work well.", Yu Yan waved her hands.

Fan Lu's eyes immediately brightened. It means that Madame Lu has forgiven her.

"Yes, Madame. This servant will definitely work well.", she bowed her head in gratitude before running outside.

Looking at this Xiao Fan was also happy. With this, her Miss will have one more person on by her side. But still, she was a bit unsure "Miss, can we really trust her?"

Yu Yan looked at Xiao Fan's doubtful expression. Sharpening the charcoal tip with a blade, she said, "It seems you'll have one more job. I'll leave it to you to keep an eye on her." 

Thank you for voting for the previous chapters (^_^)