Unexpected Encounter

The morning began its hussle and bussle of sounds and sunshine on top the Reef with all the techno trolls starting their day, but if you just where to take a little swim downwards you will find a small white techno troll just greeting the day with her voice. Angel always got up extra early to clean her cove before her mother came by to check on her as usual. Angel hummed to herself as she worked away to make sure her lovely little cove was in top order. As she cleaned, a large, deep purple, Angler fish swam up to her, which made the small troll stop."Angel dear." Bellowed the fish as she came to a stop."I'm right here, mother." She replied while swimming up to her and placing her hand on the large fish's head. Angel loved her mother dearly and always did as she asked. Except when it came to making friends, Angel was afraid and didn't think anyone would understand her. Moon swam over to the small rock in the cove.

"My dear child I need you to make a trip up to the top of the reef again today" she said resting on the rock slightly. "Oh... ok, mother." she said, not really wanting to go after just being up there a week ago normally. Her mother never asked her to go twice within a week, but Angel always wanted to please her.

"I need you to pick up some glow weed and cherry coral." Said Moon while Angel nodded her head."Yes, mother." She kissed Moon's head before she slowly swam back out of the cove into the darkness of the deep reef. Angel sighed.

"Guess I'll have to go even if I really don't want to... Alway remember rule number one, Angel... DON'T... GET... SPOTTED." she said psych herself up. Once Angel was ready and had everything she would need ,which was a dark clock, a wicker basket and a hat to hold all her hair she went off towards the top of the Reef to collect what Moon had asked for.

Meanwhile, somewhere at the top of the Reef, another techno troll was making a new move for herself. Oletta was a new name for a new Troll, but in the eyes of the rest of the Reef she was still Mariana.

"That changes today!" she said. And had been saying for almost a year now. But any time she was close to doing it, she backed away and went back to following the rest of the party. It's not that she disliked the music or had grown tired of it! It just... wasn't enough. So that day she would do it, right before the usual gatherings. It had been long enough. The hair had to go.

With a sharp piece of coral she chop off her long red hair, turning it into a short bob cut. She smiled, feeling empowered by what she just did. Throwing the piece of coral away and getting dressed up in her favorite accessories she set out to go and find somewhere to be herself.

On her part, Angel had managed to find the glow weed but, just like every other time she came up, she couldn't find the cherry coral. It didn't really grow often around the main reef, and a lot of the time she had to go near the castle or the king's DJ reef. She really didn't like going anywhere near those places, but it seemed to be the favorite spots for the cherry coral to grow. Angel sighed, knowing there was no avoiding going to one or the other.. So she, yet again, psyched herself up and swam towards the DJ reef.

Towards the drop off of the Reef was our newly empowered techno troll looking for a place to belt out a tune where no one would find her. As she swam, a small shimmer caught her eye.

"Oh? What's that?" she began swimming downwards and through a decent sized hole in the coral. The opening wasn't too far from DJ reef but far enough away no one could see the opening. Oletta nodded.

"This place is snazzy..." she said looking around the cove with all its different and shiny flowers and plant life. She decided this is where she would spend some time and began to just let her voice go, singing her heart out.

I

Meanwhile, our feisty little white dove of a techno troll was looking around the DJ reef. She hated being so close to it due to the fact there was always a guard nearby that would shoo her away just as she would find what she needed. As she swam around the large heart that had been repaired not too long ago, she hummed a soft tune. As she passed over the turntable her tail fin hit the on switch, scaring the daylights out of her. Angel sat her basket down and began playing around with the turntable, singing random notes into it and playing it back. She giggled

"It's almost like a more high tech version of my keyboard." she said happily, but her fun was cut short when she heard a guard coming. So she grabbed her basket and turned tail back to the entrance of her cove.

As Angel swam back to her cave she could hear what sounded like music. Was one of the other creatures playing with her keyboard? She didn't mind at first because it sounded lovely to her ears, but as she got closer she realized it was another techno troll. She dropped her basket and floated closer.

"W-what are you doing in my home?'' Angel said as Oletta stopped in mid jam, her eyes wide as she looked around for an excuse of some kind. "I'm so sorry! I didn't know someone lived down here, I just thought maybe someone left this here or it dropped from above." she said a little panicked, not knowing someone was watching her sing. Angel nodded her head. "It's ok... you sing very nice though." she said, pushing her hair behind her ear. Oletta rubbed her arm.

"You really think so?" she asked,a little lost for words that someone enjoyed her type of music.

"Ya. It's different, and that's something I can appreciate." she said swimming closer. "After all, I'm pretty different myself." she said, taking off her hat and cloak too. Oletta stared for only a moment.

"You're beautiful! " she exclaimed excitedly,swimming over to Angel and taking her hands.

"R-really...?" Angel blushed.

"As pretty as a button!" Oletta said and smiled at her. Angel smiled back.

"My name's Angel" she said shaking the other troll's hand

"Heh, pretty name too! Mine's Mari- Oletta!" she corrected herself. Angel giggled.

"It's nice to meet you." she said, gaining a smile again from Oletta.

"Likewise, friend." she said, and Angel's eyes wided.

"You want to be friends?!" she asked quickly, her heart glowing with excitement.

"I don't see why not! Would I be able to come visit and use the cove?" Oletta asked, trying to not sound rude. Angel looked around.

"Oh, I wouldn't mind at all!"

The two sat there chatting for hours, sharing their stories and what had happened to them leading up to today. As it began to get dark, Oletta said her goodbyes and returned to the top of the Reef and Angel laid there on her rock.

Soon, Moon came for her goodnight visit with the small troll.

"Angel, dear." she bellowed softly

"I'm here, mother!" she said happily. She couldn't wait to tell Moon she made a friend.

"How was your day, dear? Did you find the herbs I asked for?" she asked while floating in place.

"I found the glow weed but, as always, the cherry coral has eluded me."Angel responded with a giggle.Moon raised an eye.

"You seem in very good spirits, my child." she smiled at her daughter. Angel spun around.

"Yes! I may not have found the coral, but I made a friend today." she said while placing her hand on Moon's forehead. Moon chuckled warmly.

"That's good, I'm glad. You will have to introduce us." And with that, Moon swam off, leaving Angel happy as she laid down in the cave, just deeper inside her cover to go to sleep. She couldn't wait to spend more time with her new friend...