A Fearful Beat

A few months had passed since Angel and Oletta had made big headway in their friendship. Every evening Oletta would sneak down as the sun began to set and the trolls were heading towards the Rave Reef for the parties.

One thing though that Angel had yet to do was introduced Oletta to Moon. She always neglected to tell Moon when Oletta was there because she always had too much fun, and she knew a lot of people tend to be afraid of her mother's abnormal size.

Today was just like every other day that Oletta joined Angel at the cove, but today Angel had no choice but to introduce her friend to Moon. Angel paced in her cove scared for her new friend to meet her mom. Soon she saw Oletta swimming down from the top opening of her cove.

"Hey, girly" said Oletta, holding a basket with some snacks. She seemed overly excited today and it couldn't be because she was finally meeting her mom. Angel sighed and smiled at her friend.

"Hey, Letta" she said, hugging her tightly. Oletta spun Angel around sending the both of them spinning towards the large rock in the middle of the cove. They both laughed hard at each other just because they could. After about what felt like an hour of laughing like morons, Oletta took a breath.

"So where's your mom? You did say I was going to meet her today, right?" she said, still seeming to have something else on her mind. Angel rubbed her arm.

"Ya, she should be on her way soon." Angel said as she looked out towards the dark part of the cove opening.

It didn't take long for Angel to see her mother's shadow slowly looming through the darkness of the cove. It also didn't take long for Oletta to notice something moving in the darkness of the cove.

"What's that?" she said squinting into the darkness. Angel got up from where she was sitting, sighing

"That's my mom." she said as the large deep purple angler fish came into view. Oletta's eyes widened seeing the large fish.

"Hello, my dear Guppie." she said to Angel. Angel smiled and greeted her mother

"Hi mom, the friend I was telling you about is here today... I thought you'd like to finally meet her.'' she said looking over at Oletta and motioning her to come over.

Oletta slowly swam to Angel, who was in front of the large angler fish.

"Mom, this is Oletta, my friend." she said, taking Oletta's hand and placing it against Moon's forehead, right between her eyes. She could tell Oletta was a bit scared.

"Do not worry, child, my teeth are only for those that cross me." she said calmly. Oletta relaxed a little bit.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Ma'am, Angel has told me so much about you." she said smiling. Moon smiled slightly trying to not scare the small troll too much.

"It's finally nice to meet you as well. My little Guppie has told me about you as well." she said with a deep chuckle.

After what seemed like a lifetime Moon turned her attention to Angel

"Well, my dear, I must be off" she said as Angel kissed her forehead

"Ok, mom." she said waving goodbye, with Oletta floating next to her still very shocked as the large creature turned and swam back into the darkness, disappearing.

"I'd hate to see the boy who pisses your mom off whenever they ask to date you." Oletta joked, nudging Angel's shoulder, gaining her to push Oletta away.