Swimming Through Love

The next morning came and Angel went through her normal routine of cleaning her cove and greeting her mother. She had what a light about her today, which Moon could notice even in her blind state. Angel, of course, didn't say anything and just smiled as she went on her way. Moon sent one of the puffer fish to retrieve Oletta, she thought it was due time that her friend came to see her.

After about an hour, Oletta came swimming down through the secret opening in the cove. She slowed down her swimming, approaching Angel's cove slowly as her gilt started to wash over her the closer she got to the bottom of the cove

"Angel, doll, are ya there? Your mama sent for me, is everything alright, sweetheart?" She spoke softly, worried something bad had happened as she could see the blue haired Techno troll floating in place mumbling to herself. "Ange-" she was cut off by Angel, who had tackled her into a hug sending them both spinning backward a bit. "Whoa whoa there! What's going on, sugar?" she said giggling, a bit more relieved to see her friend so happy.

Angel looked like a completely different troll, her body almost looked like it was emitting a rainbow of soft colors.

"It was amazing, Oletta... There I was, singing for the creatures of the depths like every tuesday, singing one of the songs I wrote with you... and our eyes just clicked... Oh! I was scared at first but after he spoke such sweet words! Even if only a few where said."

Oletta smirked.

"What in good graces are you going on about, doll?" She knew Angel would get to the point sooner or later, so she didn't even try to stop her friend's rambling, it wasn't often she saw Angel so excited about something. Angel floated down sitting next to her friend

"Oh, Oletta. I met someone yesterday, is what i'm trying to say!" She said blushing at what she said. Olettas eyes widened and a large smile grew across her face.

"OH, DANG! I LEAVE YA BE FOR A WEEK AND YA GO BOY HUNTING WITHOUT ME!"

Oletta sprung up from her seat with excitement herself while Angel giggled.

"It's not like I went looking." Angel said as Oletta calmed a bit. "He said he was looking for me." She said while playing with her hair.

"Did he now?" Oletta raised her eyebrow at this, a little suspicious since the King had bugged her so much about Angel, but it couldn't be that... none of the other Trolls would be smart enough to come down to the depths. Most of them were terrified of the very idea. Oletta looked at her friend "So, who's the fella?" she asked trying to not let Angel pick up on her worry.

Angel paused in her thoughts.

"Uh...I don't know." She tried to pretend ignorance but sucked at it. She knew Oletta would get mad if she told her, but also if she hid it.

"Come on now, you can't keep it from your best pal!" Oletta nudged her with a smile and, finally Angel sighed softly.

"It was Trollex.'' Just saying his name brought a little blush across her face. On the other side, Oletta's mouth dropped open a bit.

"How in the dang currents did he find his way down here?!" In her shock, Oletta began to pace and ramble while Angel was pleasantly daydreaming.

"Dove, he's no good for you! You saw what happened up there! He is full of baloney! A piker that ain' even had the guts to defend one of his own when people started making fun of you! Ya had any idea how many stink eyes I had ta give? An' what he do 'bout it? Nothin!" Finally noticing she had lost her friend's train of thought, she could only give up. Angel was happy, and nothing Oletta said could change her heart. In the end she smiled and sighed. "He really made that big of an impression on ya, huh." she said floating back down to her love struck friend.

Angel looked at her friend and nodded her head happily.

"He wants to meet me again in three days to talk more" she said, Oletta raised her eyebrow again.

"If that... ugh, boy... thinks he's going to just whisk my friend off her fins and steal her he's got 'nother thing coming! Ya deserve a good man after all!" she said, half joking and half honest, which made Angel giggle with how protective her friend was.

For the rest of the day the two friends went back to their normal fun times of playing music and writing songs together. Oletta loved seeing her friend so happy but not for one moment was she going to let her guard down with the King. In her eyes he just wanted to steal Angel and hide her away as some prize due to her rarity, he had done nothing to deserve her.

As the day came to a close Oletta was getting ready to head home as she looked to her friend.

"Hey, Angel, promise me something." she said taking her friend's hands.

"What's up?" Angel replied, still with a smile.

"Promise you'll be careful 'round the King. I don't want ya to get hurt, ok?" she said looking at her friend with concern. Angel smiled and hugged her.

"If mom has taught me anything, it's that I always keep my guard up around Trolls I don't fully trust... Yes, I think I like him, but I won't let my guard down. I promise." she said, gaining a nod from her friend before she headed home.

Angel laid there, staring up at the bit of moonlight coming into her cove for a little while.

"I wonder if it's safe tonight to go watch the stars..." She said to herself.

Going to the middle Reef to watch the reflection of the stars dance off the waves of the water was one of her favorite things to do, but it was also her little secret, one not even Oletta knew. Taking a moment to think about it, she got up off her bed, grabbed her bag and swam off through the secret entrance of the cove. Tonight she was going to go a little farther and head to the surface to look at the stars directly. It had always been a dream of hers.

As she swam she hummed to herself, almost dancing her way up to the top of the Reef. Looking around she smiled at the calmness.

"It really is lovely at night." she slowly swam around, taking her time. As she made her way to the surface she stopped when coming upon the DJ booth and, making sure no one was around, turned it on. The DJ booth brought back memories of when she was little and listened to the old King play. She turned the volume down a bit and placed some of the beats that where saved.

As she jammed to a bit of the song she didn't pay attention to the fact that the guards were coming around for their patrol. It wasn't long till Angel heard a voice.

"You there! Stop, in the name of the King!" two guards came swimming quickly towards her, bringing Angel out of her thoughts.

"O-oh! I'm sorry!" she said trying to flee but it was too late, they had caught her.

"You're under arrest for suspicious behavior." said the captain of the guard.

"W-wait! You don't understand! Please, I wasn't doing anything."

In her struggle Angel's body started to display different colors, reacting to her emotions. This scared the Guards enough to make them let go of her, and she took the chance to swim up as fast as she could to hide on the surface.

As she hid, though, she could hear something behind her in the forest. As she turned around a large hand came out of nowhere, grabbing her, with a little squeak she was gone. The only things left behind on the ground were her lovely red and green flower, and the hair ties...

______________________________________

i apoligze in advance for the lateness of this chatper my editor was a bit busy >w<.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

..

also sorry this leaves off at such a large clif hanger XD but dont worry it will all be explained in chapter 5 <3

ty for suppporting this story thus far.