A Melody From The Depths

A week had gone by since the incident at the Reef and Angel was still hiding in her cove, not wanting to see anyone after what happened. Every time Oletta would come down to see her Moon would tell her "Not today." Angel still was not ready to really face anyone, and she spent her time crying. Oletta felt guilty for what happened to her only friend. She blamed herself for forcing Angel to go to the top of the Reef in the first place.

Meanwhile, at the castle, the King had been pacing aimlessly the whole week, his thoughts stuck on the white glimmer he saw and what the feisty troll said to him.

"BD, what was with that girl?" he asked, BD watching him go back and forth.

"Dude, why has it got you so worked up? You've been pacing for the entire week" he said. Trollex stopped for a moment.

"It's just... I don't like being a disappointment to our people, plus, that girl that ran away... I've never seen someone like her." he said looking at him.

"Well, I got to say she was a looker that's for sure." BD said spinning. Trollex stopped and looked at him.

"Wait, you got a look at her?" he swam over to his friend. BD nodded with his whole body

"Ya. While that feisty girl was yelling at you, the girl darted downwards and I got a really good look. She was gorgeous" he said floating back and forth. The king looked at his friend

"I want to apologize to her." he admitted sadly to his friend.

"Then why not start with the girl that was with her?" he said, gaining a nod from the King, both of them setting off.

Oletta was just cleaning her house since she hadn't been down to visit her friend today. Mind you, Moon wouldn't allow her to even go near Angel, and so she had to respect the large fish's wishes. As she cleaned, trying to occupy her mind, she soon heard a knock at her door followed by a "Hello". Her face scrunched, unhappy, as she knew whose voice that was.

Collecting her thoughts, trying to be calm, she swam to the door opening it.

"And what do you want?" she said with a look of pure displeasure. Trollex looked very surprised she'd talk that way to her king but shook it off.

"I'm looking for that girl you were with at the party over a week ago" he said looking at her as he waited for an answer. Oletta scowled, then smirked

"I have no idea what you are talking about there, sugar. So, g'day!"

The door was closed in his face. Trollex floated a bit bewildered; she just shoved him off like that. With a sigh the King returned to his castle.

After a few days had gone by he went to the house again, knocking on the door

"I know you know that girl. Please tell me where I can find her." His words only gained a glare from Oletta.

"I told you. I do not know who she is, real sorry sweetie." she said with feigned kindness, but with her hair slowly turning blue out of anger with him testing her patience. Once again she shut the door in his face and he left back to his castle.

He went about this for about two weeks 'till he had enough. As per usual he went to Oletta's house, this time banging on the door. When she answered, already expecting him with a frown on her face, he stared back with annoyance.

"As your King I demand you tell me the whereabouts of the white troll that was at the party!" This time he rose his voice. Oletta was taken aback by this yet remained stern and just as stubborn as him.

"Even if I did know where she was, Sire" She said the word with heavy mockery in her tone. "Why in the world would I tell you? 'Sides, I wouldn't call you a king if you're going to act like a child." This time her anger, mixed with guilt, had made her hair entirely blue; a warning sign. "Now, leave. I'm not against hitting you again and this time it will be with one of my spikes. Ever told ya they're venomous?" Once again she slammed the door in his face. With a sigh, Trollex began swimming back to the castle in defeat. Was he ever going to find this troll?