𝘪𝘪. 𝘶𝘩, 𝘴𝘪𝘳, 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘦𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘺?

↫↫↫↫↫ cold soba ↬↬↬↬↬
(¯'*•.¸,¤°'✿.。.:* 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨 *.:。.✿'°¤,¸.•*'¯)

they both stared at each other, one with fake sincerity and hidden humor lying in the undertones and the other in pure confusion. she stood there, patiently waiting for him to take back his words and say he was just playing along with her joke.

but they were still at a standstill. just staring at each other. they were at the point that people couldn't even tell if they were blinking in that small time because of how hard they stared at each other.

it was quite an uncomfortable moment of silence. it was possible to hear a pin drop from the other side of the room, although that wasn't that far-seeing as the noodle shop was on the smaller side. the boy didn't let up though, his handsome, oblivious face tilting to his right in his puzzlement. and for some godforsaken reason, that made him even more attractive.

sweatdropping at him, the [e/c]-eyed girl steadied herself against the counter, not easing up her smile. "yes, you are right, sir. i beg your pardon for the joke, just wanted to lighten things up a bit." what the heck [name], out of all things, you say 'i beg your pardon'? what century are we living in?

the heterochromatic boy didn't seem to notice anything different form her speech patterns and resumed to his normal demeanor. not even glancing at the menu, he brought out his leather, probably handcrafted, wallet, rifling through it.

without looking at her, his smooth voice flowed into her ears, making them bleed with joy. "i'll take your most expensive- wait no, make that 10 of your most expensive cold soba. i'll take it in the biggest serving size available as well." my god, his voice sounds so deep for someone his age. wait, he looks around my age! there are guys my age that look this hot? what the heck? god, you were so biased when giving out blessings!

she might have only started this job a month ago, but she was already used to peculiar people with their peculiar demands. once, an adult wrapped in a yellow sleeping bag came (read: crawled) and ordered 15 bowls of white fish soup, 4 mapo tofu noodles, and for some reason, earmuffs. that black-haired man had exited the shop the same way he came; by inching his way across the floor.

don't ask how he brought the food with him.

needless to say, she wasn't too phased by his order. already writing down his order on a slip, she pierced it on the hook and hit the bell with more force than a normal person would use. tazuki, their resident night shift chef, who was currently dozing off, sputtered awake, managing to knock over 4 woks in the process. amazingly, he caught them all with his three hands and his head. the now-awake chef was now softly cursing at the semi-violent girl he had to put up with at work.

not her problem though. her problem was standing straight in front of her, in all his candy cane colored glory. well, not really problem, more like a new story to interest her for the night. writing down his receipt, she was secretly stealing glances at the boy in front of her, who was staring at the hodgepodge of items that the owner kept in the shop.

why was she writing the receipt herself instead of printing it? the fault lied with the owner of the shop, a sweet old man in his late 80's who liked to donate to charity. personally, she had nothing against him because he was really a nice man. but she just really wished that they could switch to modern printing instead of an office calculator and handwritten receipts.

"that will be 7,500¥ subtotal, sir, taxes included." she read off her calculations, twirling the pen in between her index and middle fingers.

"do you take credit card?" she nodded, putting her hand out to take the card. he handed over the sleek, midnight black card that he had pulled out of his expensive-looking wallet. "charge it on that." when she took hold of it, the first thing she noticed was the single name engraved on the card. it stared at her in big bold characters that she couldn't even deny it for the life of her.

e n d e a v o u r ? ? ? wha-

"uh, sir, is this stolen property?"

uhm. uh. i guess? it's bit 
of a weird chappie but i wrote 
this at 1 a.m. in the morning so
cut a girl some slack, will 
ya?
thanks loves. i've been 
bingeing
hugh grant movies 
and can i say
that i adore 
him. like. he's amazing.
 do 
let me know your opinions.

pineapple juice, what's up with 
that? it hurts ya mouth. it hurts.

don't forget to comment, love talking
with y'all. wouldn't hurt to hit 
that
star doohickey now, would it? 
everyone
who does it are darlings 
in my eyes.

message me whenever ya feel
like it or drop a message on my
message board cus you guys
are really nice. how are y'all doing?
again, would love to talk with y'all.

stay safe in quarantine (i'm going 
back to school next week and i am 
certainly not look forward to it).
i'm gonna lose it if this goes on for 
another 6 months. bloody bonkers
i'll tell ya now. it ain't gonna be
a pretty sight to witness...

completed 04.24.20
1:28:08 a.m. eat (eastern australian time)

published 04.27.20
6:05:20 eat
(eastern australian time)