Ch. 1: Bored of Rock n' Roll

Hi there! My name is Princess Roxanne of the Hard Rock trolls! You seem to be a bit confused. Don't worry. I'll explain everything.

Since the moment I hatched from my egg, my parents knew I was different. I mean, I had technicolor hair for crying out loud!

My mother, Queen Renee, was ecstatic! "She's so beautiful! She is truly going to make a difference in our kingdom some day, I can feel it," she said as she picked me up and cradled me in her arms.

However, my father, King Flash, was not as pleased. "Seriously?" He said. "No one is going to listen to someone like her. She looks nothing like us."

"The only thing different about her is her hair, sweetie. And that can be easily fixed with a little hair dye. No big deal," my mother replied.

My father never liked me, and purposely tried to make my life miserable. But my mother would always stop him...

I miss her...

I ended up getting my hair dyed black at a young age so I would fit in with the other rock trolls. At a young age, I thought this was normal and that everyone did it. It wasn't until I was older when I finally realized why my hair made me different, but that's a different story.

Growing up, I had an older sister, Princess Katheryn. She, of course, was the heir to the throne and would become Queen someday.We would play games together and play music together and have a great time as kids. We even used to perform on stage for the entire kingdom!

Other than her, I didn't have any friends. Again, I thought this was normal. Friendship takes time and we were always too busy hanging out with each other to consider others.

Whenever Katie was off doing princess stuff with dad, mom often took me to our castle library to read. We would read about the history of rock n' roll and we would read about how to play different instruments and lots of other things.

However, after reading every single book in that library for the third time, I started to get bored. I couldn't believe it. I was getting tired of hearing our music and reading about it.

"Mom?" I asked one day. "Do we have any...other books?"

My mother raised an eyebrow at me. "No we don't. Why do you ask?"

I hung my head sadly. "No reason. It's not important."

I believed everything my mom told me. She was very smart and was mostly very honest! However...I couldn't help but feel like this was one of the rare occasions when she was lying to me.

——————
"You can't catch me!"

"Oh yes I can!"

Katie and I were playing tag in our castle garden. I mean, I wouldn't really call it a garden. It's just a few rocks, but we called it our garden nonetheless.

"I'm gonna get you!" Katie said with her arm outstretched.

"Nuh-uh!" I said as I jumped up on one of the taller rocks in the garden.

"Roxy, get down from there! That's cheating!" Katie said with a worried look on her face.

"No it's not. It's called using my resources to win!" I said happily as I climbed onto an even taller rock.

"Roxy, please," Katie said. "You're gonna fall and get hurt! I don't want to play this game anymore."

I scoffed as I stood up on the rock with confidence. "Katie, puh-lease, I'm not stupid. I know you'll just tag me the moment I get down from here. Besides, this rock is actually very sturdy, so there is no way I'm gonna fa-"