Ch. 13: My Baby Boy

(Cover art is by MimiNicolette)

Titus and I ended up eloping. It was a shame we couldn't have a proper wedding, but we still got married. We exchanged vows in the secrecy of my home and renewed our promise to never tell anybody (except Beat) about it. It didn't effect me that much, since I was used to hiding my personal life from others by now, but it hit Titus a bit differently. Since he was king of the techno trolls, naturally he wanted to tell everybody! But now, he couldn't even wear the wedding ring I ended up getting him because it would draw too much attention and the other trolls would ask questions.

Surprisingly, he handled this small bump in the road maturely. But all of that maturity quickly flew out the window when we found signs of three about two years after we got married. While I was staying calm and collected, Titus on the other hand...it was difficult for him.

"Please!" He begged at my feet. "Can't I tell just one troll?"

I rolled my eyes. "Even if you tell one troll, our secret will be revealed and rumors will spread! Do you really want that?" I asked him sternly.

"No...," he pouted. "But...I'm just- I'm too excited! The heir to the techno throne! I don't know if I can-"

"I know you are dear, and so am I, but you have to stay quiet!" I was starting to get a little annoyed with him. I thought he would handle this like a grown man, but instead he was pouting and acting like a child.

Titus groaned. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't swim through techno reef as fast as I can screaming about our accomplishment at the top of my lungs," he said sassily as he crossed his arms. My eyes widened. He wouldn't, would he? I wasn't about to take any chances.

I quickly stood up, flinging him onto his back in the process, and pinned him down with my foot on his chest.

"So you want to play that game, huh?" I said through clenched teeth. "Ok then. Let's play!"

While still keeping my foot in place, I leaned down as far as I could and gave him a death glare.

"I'll give you five good reasons why you shouldn't do that," I growled as I stuck my hand in front of his face. As I started to count to five, I slowly began to curl my hand into a fist.

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5."

I quickly stuck my fist underneath his nose menacingly as Titus let out a squeak.

"ThOsE aRe GoOd ReAsOnS!" He choked out.

To make sure that he kept quiet, I ended up telling Beat to keep a close eye on him. Beat was just as excited as Titus when we told him that he'd soon get to have a new little buddy to hang out with. But, he promised to watch Titus for me.

It was difficult, to say the least, but we got through everything together. We had even come up with a pretty good story to tell others for when Titus brought out son back to techno reef to live with him. According to Titus, he found our son while he was out swimming one day. He had been abandoned by his mother so he decided to take care of him. Surprisingly, everybody bought it! Now, three years after we were given a gift in the form of a baby techno troll, I finally felt like I was part of a family again.

"Do you ever think about what your life would've been like without me?" I asked Titus one day. We were sitting on the beach, having a much needed moment of relaxation.

"Well," he started. "It probably wouldn't have been as good as it is right now." He smiled and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I blushed. "By the way, that crown looks good on you, my queen." He brushed his hand along the side of my head. It was made almost entirely out of jewels. White and pink pearls hung from my new pink and white hair tie all the way to the shimmering obsidian gemstone that was carefully pinned to a few strands of hair near the front of my head. It was a gift that he had given to me earlier in the day since, after all, it was my 25th birthday.