Ch. 20: The Rock Concert

(This chapter, timeline-wise, is what happens before the prologue, so if you have forgotten what happened in the prologue, I'd suggest you go reread it after this chapter. The next chapter in this story will be the results of the prologue.)

When the two rock trolls opened the door to my cell, I tried to stand up and run past them in a desperate attempt to escape. Unfortunately, I was too weak and too slow and was caught immediately.

As they started to drag me out of the room, the other two rock trolls came in and grabbed Queen Poppy. Barb motioned for those trolls to follow her down a different hallway while Katheryn led the ones handling me down a flight of stairs to the basement.

"Where are you taking her?" I heard Poppy's voice echo from down the hall. "What are you going to do?!"

"Same thing we're gonna do to you, popsqueak," Barb chuckled.

I was surprised that my ankles didn't twist or break as I was dragged down the stairs. I couldn't even pick up my feet to stop my toes from smashing into the next step down, and it hurt like hell!

Once we got to the bottom of the stairs, we started heading in the direction of Volcano Rock stadium via underground tunnels. I looked to my left and saw a row of neatly placed smoke bombs on a rack near the wall. That's strange...those have never been their before, and I've explored these tunnels countless times when I was a child...they looked like the same smoke bombs that Katheryn used when she brought me back here from Techno Reef. They were covered in a thick layer of dust, too, so I don't think she's ever used them since that day either.

With what little strength I had left, I quickly rammed my body into the troll on my right, catapulting him and myself into the rack of smoke bombs. While everyone started sneezing violently as dust flew up our noses, I quickly grabbed one of the devilish contraptions and shoved it into my other back pocket. You know, just in case I needed it.

As she turned around to see what the commotion was about, Katheryn stormed over to us and glared at me.

"And just what do you think you're doing, young lady?" she asked as she grabbed my ear and yanked me back up on my feet.

"They looked like...they needed...a quick dusting...father," I said sarcastically as I winced in pain.

"Keep walking!" she screamed in my face. "We're almost there."

"Why don't...you make me?" I asked, giving her a taste of her own sass. She looked like she was about ready to punch me in the face.

"You heard what the former queen said! Keep walking, traitor." I looked to my left and was immediately filled with rage when I saw who was standing there. It was Slick! The same troll who locked me in a box and tore all of my music to shreds all those years ago. I guess I didn't notice that he was one of the trolls who had been dragging me around this whole time.

"YOU-" I tried tackling him to the ground so I could finally give him a piece of my mind, but again, I was too weak. I was only able to nudge him a few inches. He grabbed my left arm again and gave me a twisted grin.

"You're going to have to try a little harder than that to knock me down, sweetheart," he whispered in my ear. I could hear him lick his lips as the other rock troll got to his feet and grabbed my other arm. What a creep!