Part 12

I wake up to the doorbell ringing. There's someone at the front door. I hear the door open, conversation, and a minute later, footsteps to my room. My mum enters the room, closing the door quietly behind her, and sits at the foot of my bed.

"Honey, have you made your decision?"

I nod my head, knowing if I delay telling my mum I'll start to doubt my decision. And that was something I didn't want to do. The more I think about it, the less I want to do it, and I don't want to disappoint my mum. Opening my mouth, I say words I know I will regret.

"Yes. I'll live with the Alpha."

My mum smiles, beaming down at me, her happiness radiating off her. It's worth living with this bastard for a week to just see my mum so genuinely happy. And I would like to keep it that way. If anything disrupt my mum's happiness and health, I will personally beat their ass up.

"Okay honey, you won't regret going. I'm sure your mate will take good care of you."

She claps her hands together and looks around my room.

"Now, should we start packing?"

"No need ma'am, everything she needs is at the house."

Jungkook seemed to have materialised at my door, and both me and my mum fall off the bed in shock, cursing loudly.

"How can he magically appear like that?"

"He just does." I reply.

"Has he done this before?"

My mum whispers to me as we scramble up off the floor.

"Yes."

Walking out of the room, Jungkook lets my mum get me ready. She sends me to the shower, and I wash off the blood and dirt from yesterday. Don't judge me; I was too tired yesterday to do anything but sleep.

Stepping out of the shower, I wrap a towel around me, and dodge the clothes my mum is throwing in my direction. She leaves the room, and goes downstairs, presumably to cook something for Jungkook, who I can hear turning down her offers. I doubt my mum will listen.

Pulling on jeans, a t shirt, and jacket, I walk down the stairs, my wet hair dampening my shoulders. As soon as he sees me descending the stairs, Jungkook gets up immediately, almost running in a frantic effort to get away from my mum. She looks at his retreating figure reproachfully.

"He didn't try my Doenjang Jjigae. Kids these days."

Tutting reprovingly, she shakes her head, picking up the half empty dishes from the table. As soon as she leaves the room, Jungkook enters again, and looks around nervously.

"Tae Mi, we have to go now if you have made up your mind. Yoongi is waiting."

My mum enters the room again, and after Jungkook runs out, looks at me meaningfully.

"Honey, have you made your decision."

"Yes. I think," I hesitate. " I think I'll stay with Alpha Min Yoongi."

Smiling at me, my mum kisses my forehead, and hugs me tightly. I melt into her embrace, knowing this I might not see her for a long time. No. Only a week. I'll see her when I come back.

"Mum, please, you're squishing me."

She removes her arms from around me, and kisses my forehead one more time. I walk towards the door, to Jungkook's car, and as we drive off, I wave goodbye to my stoic mother, refusing to let her tears fall.

-time skip to when they arrive-

We seem to be driving deeper and deeper into the woods, the trees becoming more knarled and ancient, the sky barely visible between the knotted branches. Then, at the end of the gravel road, stands an enormous house, aged but proud, in a bright clearing.