Chapter four.

--

After that whole incident, we ate dinner - well, I mostly just picked at mine - and went to bed. No one asked any questions, which I was grateful for, but I knew they were curious.

Jisung had definitely told them about my freak-out in the shower (that loudmouth couldn't keep anything a secret). Especially not his crush on Minho hyung, but that cat-obsessed, oblivious idiot somehow didn't think the squirrel liked him. It was sad, really, but who was I to interrupt their suffering?

As I rolled around in my bed later that night, I noticed how quiet the dorm was. It was unsettling, considering how loud everyone usually is, but I guess they were all tired from getting ready for the comeback. Chan, Jisung and I's room was especially quiet since Chan was at the studio and Jisung was in bed with Minho since he gives great cuddles (even if he pretends to hate them).

I felt lonely, overwrought and tense because of the events that happened earlier in the day. Even as my alarm clock beeped to signal 01:00AM, my eyes were wide open and my brain was buzzing. I could always go to one of the other members for their warm and reassuring cuddles, which usually helped me sleep, but I didn't want to wake any of them - that would just be plain selfish.

The only one who was awake was Chan, but he was at the studio...

--

The walk to the JYP building was short, only five or so minutes, and even then it was well lit with streetlights, so it didn't take me long to find my way there or to knock on the door I knew Chan would be behind.

Like I guessed, Chan opened the door only a few moments after I knocked.

His straw-like, over bleached hair was tussled and unruly, probably from him running his fingers through it when he got stressed, and dark bags hung under his eyes. Neither were unusual sights, but I hated seeing his eye bags so dark. Definitely didn't hate the messy hair, though. He was wearing a black shirt and black sweats, obviously, and - although he looked gorgeous as ever - he looked tired. Really tired.

"What's up, Lix? Why you up so late?" His voice was rough from not being used in a few hours, or possibly overused making demos, which made my face flush bright red, but hopefully the dim lights hid it.

Instead of answering verbally, I just grabbed his hand and tugged him into the hallway. He gave me a confused frown, but didn't protest as I dragged him to the front door of the building and started tugging him back to the dorm.

Once we finally got to back to the room and then into ours and Jisung's room, I pointed at his bed. "You need sleep."

He shook his head with a tired, wry smile and ruffled my hair. "Thanks Lix, but it's not even that late. It's only just past one. I won't go back to the studio since I'm already here, but I'm gonna go to the living room to write some lyrics."

I pouted, took my shoes off and flopped onto Chan's bed, making sure to exaggerate how upset I was. "Who's going to give me cuddles, then?"

He stared at me for a few moments, leaning against the doorframe with a raised eyebrow before he eventually caved in.

Sighing, but still smiling softly, Chan chucked his shirt and shoes off, then laid down beside me on the bed. I blushed at the sight of his bare chest and well defined abs, but, luckily, it was dark so he (once again) didn't notice. A small inkling of jealously swirled in my stomach as I silently wished that my body looked like his - strong, gorgeous and manly - but I ignored it and instead focused on the warmth and the butterflies that were churning similarly in my belly.

Noticing that we were barely even near each other, I huffed and scooted closer to him so that I could wrap my arms around his bare torso. His body was firm, comfortable and extremely hot (in temperature). I laid my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. Eventually, after just a second of hesitation, he put his arms around me as well and held me tight against him.