09

Trigger Warning, toxic guardian relationship, if this is something that is triggering to you or sensitive please feel free to skip onto the next chapter.

Late Night Walks

Readers point of view

After what felt like hours of taking various pictures of Ava and the Daemos, I finally got a moment to relax as I fell back onto the couch.
"I'm so excited!! I'm already getting so many likes and followers!!" Ava cheered happily.
Whilst she cheered I felt someone poke my shoulder. Turning my head my eyes landed on Noi who was point in over towards the kitchen counter.
"You're magic slab, it's making a weird sound- it's not gonna explode right!?" Noi asked in a bit of a panic.
"My magic slab?" I asked myself, walking over to the kitchen counter to look at my phone ringing.
The same number that called me this morning.
"Thanks Noi." I said as I kept looking down at my phone wondering what to do.
"Ava?" I said grabbing her attention.
"Yeah?"
"I'm going out for a bit, you good by yourself with these guys?" I asked.
"I'm sure I won't let them burn the house down." She replied jokingly.
"Alrighty." I said leaving the apartment to go meet up with the woman I haven't seen for years now.

I'm still nervous about meeting up with her. I haven't seen or heard from her in years. I don't know why all of a sudden she wants to meet up with me, but I know I can't let my guard down.

I made it to Central Park

I made it to Central Park. The place where my mother apparently lives near by and is coming to sometime tonight. She didn't even give me a time to meet up with her at which should've been my first red flag but here I am still with a small ounce of hope that she actually wants to repair our relationship.
I walked around the park and found no one resembling my mother so I looked around and found a free bench where I could sit and wait.
Not knowing what to do in the meantime I decided to calm my anxiety to look through Instagram.
While scrolling I saw Ava had posted all the pictures we took with the Daemos. Each picture got well over 1000 likes, which I'm sure Ava will be happy about. Besides it was fun taking pictures with everyone today, was a nice way to hang around the Daemos.
It was a nice day.

"Y/n?"
I looked up to see a semi familiar figure standing in front of me.
"Hey mom." I said awkwardly turning my phone off as an uncomfortable silence filled the area.
"I really missed you." She spoke up coming close enough to give me a small hug.
"You've grown up so much."
"Yeah, you've changed quite a bit too." I smiled not knowing what to say or do.
"What did you want to talk about?" I questioned getting straight to the point.
"Ah well...I've just wanted to hear about your life, you know?" She said looking at me.
"Have you gotten into a relationship?" She asked.
"No, I was focusing on work." I explained.
"You know your grandmother mentioned your downtown apartment, those are expensive aren't they? When I was looking for apartments the downtown ones were pretty high price. What kind of job do you have to afford that all on your own?" She poked at something I had a sneaking suspicion she'd ask about.
My income.
"Well I have a roommate. We both pay rent." I vaguely explained.
I already have a feeling why she wanted to meet me out here.
"Listen honey, right now I'm a little tight on money. I was curious if you could give me a small loan to help me out?" She asked giving me a dreaded look.
"I can't mom." I said coldly.
I don't want to fall into this never ending pit. If I give her money now she'll just keep coming back to me. If she finds out who Ava's parents are that won't help.
I know her enough to know that she doesn't care who gives her things as long as it's someone.
"Please honey, I just need it once-"
"I'm sorry I can't." I cut her off and stood up.
"Where are you going!?" She asked in a panic standing up to grab my arm lightly.
"I'm done with this conversation. I can't give you money. I'm sorry." I explained.
"So that's it!? You won't even hear me out on why I need it?" She began to raise her voice.
"..."
I kept silent and pulled my arm away from her.
"I'm your mother, I brought you into this world. You have to help me!! You can't just leave me like this." She kept shouting at me as I slowly began to walk away.