CHAPTER 27 : VOWS THAT BIND US

Ava Knight

"Sis" They voiced in unison, there eyes were puffed while new tears shined in them.

"Are you okay ?" Reecie asked as he kissed my forehead. I gave him a nod.

"You gave us a heart attack." Ethy spoke, sounding worried.

"Payback. " I replied recalling the day when they both scared me in my cabin.

"If this is how you're gonna payback, then I am gonna become boring like."  He looked slightly towards Reecie and then at me. A chuckle left my mouth. Just after that, Emma, Alex and Sarah came in too.

"Hey you're okay ?"

"Yes guys, I am okay."

Alex came running towards my bed and held the bedsheets. Bed is too high for him. He had tears streaming down his cheeks. Zach picked him up and sat him on his lap.

"Hey, munchkin...why are you crying ?"

"You...you hurt." He spoke in between sniffles.

"I just fell down. And I am okay now." I cooed to him, he lightly put his hands on my cheeks and then kissed them. Awws filled the room.

"Take some rest now." Reecie said.

"Okay." I mumbled. 

"I am staying with her." Zach spoke.

"You need something, call us. " They said and soon left, leaving us alone again.

_________

Zach laid me down and sat beside me on a chair that didn't look comfortable at all.

"That doesn't look comfortable." I muttered.

"It's fine." He held my hands firmly, his eyes were red. He looked so stressed.

"I am okay...don't stress."

"Will you tell me how this happened ?"

My hold on his hand tightened remembering as to what happened. I want to tell him everything and I will tell him everything, but not here.

"Take me home."

"Baby, doctor had told me that you'll have to be here atleast tonight."

"I'll tell you everything once you take me back home. "

"Okay." He said placing a feathery kiss on my forehead and sat back on the same chair.

"Take some rest...I am fine."

"I am fine as well." He replied, leaving no room for arguments. He is so stubborn. But I won't trade him for the world.

I smiled and soon sleep took over me. If he is around me then no one can hurt me.

____________

Next Day

Zach was driving us back home. He looks so tired. Whenever I woke up he comforted me, ignoring his rest.

How did I get so lucky to have him.

I smiled at him, he turned towards me and placed my hand on his lap.

Shortly we reached home, he opened the door for me and instantly we were faced by a very concerned looking mom, dad and Laura.

"Honey, are you okay ?" Mom questioned, almost immediately.

"Yes mom, I am fine."

"How did this happen ?" Dad asked.

"She got into an accident." Zach said and my grip on his hand instinctively tightened.

"Mom, dad you should take some rest. I am here with her. Laura you may take a leave too." They all nodded and Zach took me to our room.

"Take shower, you stink ?" I spoke trying to make him laugh and scrunched up my nose playfully.

I don't think he could ever stink, I just want him to freshen up a little.

"In that case, you'll now have to bear it." He said and laid down beside me. I cupped his cheeks.

"Freshen up. I have to talk to you." Upon hearing my words, within seconds he nodded and rushed towards the bathroom.

I know, He will never let anyone harm me.

______________

Hope you are all good.
You like this chapter ? Vote and do let me know in the comments.