f o u r

January 2019

Los Angeles

R&L Company, IT Level

It had now been a few hours and I've been going through a few documents that were on my desk, that was about a new exit that they wanted to input into their website that was a bunch of hyperlinks of every sub-company that apparently also needed a website for each one.

These people and websites... Nobody uses these anymore... How old fashioned do they want to be?

But at the end of those files was the confidential file that I'm supposed to take home.

Making sure nobody is around me, I get that one and open it, finding a bunch of photos plastered on one side of the folder, looking at the other desks to compare the faces on the photos and in real life to find most of them there...

Looking through, I mark the ones that I still haven't seen today to start reading on their profiles first once I get home.

After doing that, I put it in my bag and keep going with making the websites, makes a mental note to tell the director about social media and the youth.

"Hey! How is it going?"- A high-pitched voice sounds behind me making me jump and grab where my heart is supposed to be.

"Jesus Dude! You scared me!"

I turn around and find the girl- that I found out that is called Grace- from the conference room looming behind me.

"Oops, sorry."- She apologizes standing straight.

"It's alright!"- I accept chuckling. "It's going... I have no idea why they need websites though... Nobody uses them"- I answer her original question and complain a bit.

"I know! I've been telling the 'Big Boss' that for a while now, but he never understands me."- Grace agrees and pulls a chair so that she could sit down.

"Oh, I noticed this morning... He didn't even know what a computer tower was..."

"How does he turn on his computer then?"

"He must be one of those people that just leave them on during the night"

"Those are the worst."

"Oh! Without a doubt"

___ ________ ____

The rest of the day was simple and I managed to finish everything for the day, leaving me without things to do, until the 'Big Boss' - like the people call him - came to do his promised 'check-up'.

That check-up was a simple one. Questions like:

How is everything going, How did people react, was the first job difficult, did you have fun and blah blah blah.

Obviously, because there were a few people still in the office, we couldn't speak of anything else... but to be honest, I didn't have any more questions about the case.

And during today, I created a 'plan of attack' aka the times where I could investigate the real reason why I'm here, in this office.

Like I said in the beginning:

This is going to be harder than I thought.