Editing your Profile

So, you've set up your Wattpad profile and you're now wondering where to start?

Editing your profile to make it more personal is always a good idea. Your profile is one in thousands, if you keep the default profile picture you're not going to stand out. 

Now I'm going to start with how to personalise your profile and at the end I will have some tips

So here's how you do it:

Step one: Click on edit profile.

Step Two

You have now come to a page that looks like this:

- To change your background click the 'change background' button in the yellow box and select an image that is saved on your computer

- To change your profile picture click the faded camera over your current profile picture (orange box)

-  To change your name click your name (in the purple box)

- To add a location and about me detail you need to click inside the boxes.

- If you scroll down you can also add a website link. This could be to your twitter, to your DeviantArt, to an actual website about you etc.

Tips:

Backgrounds and profile pictures:

Most people either have a picture of themselves or something to show of their fandom/genre. Profile pictures and backgrounds are how others get a sense of you as a reader and as a writer.

For example: The Tardis, Clexa (a ship), and shadowhunter runes. Any of these can be used to show that you are apart of a specific fandom and people from the same fandom will be more likely to follow you.

If you have a werewolf, a fairy, or a vampire as your profile picture people will assume your either into these genres or are writing in these genres.

Adding a location:

You do not need to add your actual location.

A lot of Wattpadders will add a location that is humourous or a location from a book (Narnia, Polis, District 13, Winterfell, you get the idea).

About me:

Do not overthink the about me section, keep it simple, but don't leave it empty. Leaving it empty can make others think your either not active on Wattpad or that you don't actually know what you're doing yet.

Just add simple stuff.

Who are your favourite authors, what are your favourite shows/characters, what are your hobbies? Some Wattpadders who add milestones to their about me page such as 100 reads, 10 votes, 500 followers etc.