How to get a Cover

Most of us writers here on Wattpad are not cover designers but you will find that most Wattpadders who have been on here a while actually have decent covers and this is because they know who to ask for a cover.

There are two ways to find a cover designer on Wattpad:

1.) In the multimedia design section of the forum/community 

2.) Book cover books.

Book cover books

Now, if you only have access to Wattpad through your phone then finding a cover designer through the multimedia forum won't be possible so your best bet is to find a story on Wattpad that is a book cover shop.

Finding a good cover designer through searching for a book cover shop in wattpad stories can take a little longer but there are a lot of cover designers out there. I do have a reading list on profile for book cover designers so you can find some cover designers on that if you want to.

Please do read their rules and follow the request forum. Also in the description or title they will tell you if they are closed or only accepting commissions (commissions are graphics you pay real money for).

Multimedia forum

The multimedia forum is where you will find most cover designers as well as those who make book trailers, banners, and mood boards etc. All designers will have different rules as to whether you can shop hop (request in more than one topic/forum) and how long they want you to use the cover for. 

Premades

Now if it's your first time requesting a cover or you're not too sure what you want on your cover a Premade cover might be the best option for you.

As the title suggests Premades are covers that have already been designed, that is the end result, and all that is needed if for the title and author name to be changed. 

Commissions

While this is one a lot of Wattpadders might not use because it costs real money I decided to include it for those that have either finished their book and want something more professional or those that are thinking of self-publishing.

Now there are quite a few cover designers that take cover commissions on Wattpad and the price varies depending on whether you're requesting from someone who is new to taking commissions or whether it is a non-commercial cover.

When Requesting a Cover

Now if you look around on Wattpad you can find some really good cover designers, some that can sometimes create covers that look professionally done, but it is important to remember that your cover needs to match your story.

You might be looking at what popular Wattpad stories have on their covers but imitating them is not always a good idea. Not only is your book going to blend in with every other story that tries to do the same thing but sometimes you end up with a cover that has little to do with your story or your title.

When requesting a cover think about the symbols and themes in your book. If you are new to writing you might also want to check out Jenna Moreci on Youtube she has a video about book covers and a lot of other videos to do with writing.