Wattys 2020

What it is:

The Wattys is the biggest writing contest on Wattpad and is held annually once a year. No payment or purchase is needed to take part in or win the Wattys.

New for 2020:

This year the Wattys is different from previous years and will span the entire year with only completed stories (must be 50,000 words or more) being accepted to enter.

Also, some story categories (poetry, short stories, comics, non-fiction, and alternative mediums). Wattpad has said that the genres mentioned above will have their own contest later in years so watch their official Wattpad profile for news on that.

Now because they have changed the rules for the Wattys they are opening the Wattys up to stories from this year to all the way back in January 2017 as a one time catch up. 

Who can Submit:

You must complete the submission form. You will not be able to edit it after you have submitted so always double-check everything before pressing submit. 

You are allowed to submit more than one eligible story. 

Stories that have been shortlisted or longlisted for Wattys (but did not win) can enter be submitted as well as long as they are eligible. 

Stories in the following languages are accepted in the Wattys: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Turkish, Filipino, Indonesian, and Malay.

The wattys allow entrants worldwide except writers residing in Province Quebec, Canada 

Award Categories:

Stories will be considered for following genre-specific categories: 

Fanfiction, Fantasy, Historical Fiction, Horror, Literary Fiction (English only), Mystery and Thriller, New Adult, Paranormal, Romance, Science-Fiction, Young Adult

When to Submit:

Submissions open July 13th 2020 at 12:00 PM Standard Eastern Time and closes September 30th 2020 at 11:59 PM Standard Eastern Time. You can submit your story any time within that time frame.

To submit your story go to your story details page and if you are eligible to enter it will ask you to complete a submission form.

Winners will be announced on or around December 4th, 2020

Judging and Prizing:

There will be fifty-five winners all together.

Winners will get promoted on the Wattys profile on Wattpad and featuring opportunities. A wattys badge for your winning story to put on the cover. 

Priority consideration by Wattpad studios for your story to be shown to entertainment and publishing parties. 

Consideration for Wattpad paid stories. Consideration for Wattpad stars, the odds of winning this prize is dependent on the number of entries per category.

Five winners will be chosen per category and language. Five additional stories from Wattpads Paid stories will be chosen as winners.

One winner will be considered for a publishing deal with Wattpad books but Wattpad does reserve the right to not award any WPB consideration.