How to get Reads

Now, first of there is a difference between 'reads' and 'readers'. While readers are those who vote, comment and actively engage with your story reads are those who read your story without commenting.

A lot of you are wondering how you get reads and comments. Now, most Wattpadders who have been on here a while know that there is a trick to getting reads.

I know they're not playing fairs, it's terrible, and not many of them will share this cheat with you. But its time to level the playfield so here it is.

Trick:

Now when you're writing you will see this in the top right-hand corner:

Publish is for when you ready to share your work with others. Save will save your work. But, preview is the one you're going to want to use.

Preview allows you to read your story as the reader - and gives you a read in the process. Even if you read your chapter as a reader yesterday if you preview it today you will get another new read.

Now I keep waiting for Wattpad to notice this and fix it but it doesn't seem to be happening.

Tip:

Go to your profile page and click on 'conversations'

You can send a message to all your followers so when you have published your book/chapter write a message

You can send a message to all your followers so when you have published your book/chapter write a message. Include book title, brief description, and the link to you story.

Click the little box (which I circled in orange) and this will send the message to all your followers. 

While this can be good it is important that you don't send your followers too many messages/notifications otherwise they may get annoyed and unfollow you. 

Tip:

If someone asks you to read their story on your message board (self-advertising) then you are well within your right to do the exact same to them. This can be annoying but if they do it to you then they really can't complain.