2

MUTT
— 2.  Shipwreck

    It didn't take long for John B, Rory, and JJ to climb onto their boat and cruise through the harbor, greeting people who stood on the docks and on their boats

    Rory was silent throughout most of the ride while it felt like John B and JJ greeted every damn person they saw.

Many people on the decks were cleaning up fallen debris and branches and all Rory could think about was the fact that it would be them and other people of the Southside being forced to do the job of cleaning it all up for some extra cash.

"Sure hope Guffy's boat didn't sink," JJ confessed, a disappointed look on his face, "He doesn't have insurance."

"Wait, really? He doesn't?" Rory questioned, turning to look at JJ, who shook his head, "He's screwed, then."

"Yeah," John B nodded in agreement as she cruised past Miss Amy, who was standing on the docks, "Hi, Miss Amy! You guys get through it?"

"Still here," She smiled at the trio while JJ slowly turned to look at John B and Rory.

"She totally looked at me, Rory," JJ boasted as he lightly slapped her on the back.

"I saw," Rory replied, only half listening as she rolled her eyes at him.

"Dude, look at this place," John B complained to his two best friends as he looked away.

"It's a fucking wreck," Rory replied, nodding her head in agreement as JJ whistled.

"Agatha, what did you do?" JJ asked jokingly while Rory rolled her eyes at him.

"She is a crazy lady," John B added in, earning a small smile from Rory as she shook her head.

"We're going to be cleaning this all summer," JJ complained and Rory groaned, knowing it to be true.

"That is my nightmare," John B agreed, only to smile as they spotted Pope from a distance.

He stood on the docks, rinsing it off. His shirt was unbuttoned and he wore his usual black hat. "Well, well, if it isn't Pope," Rory smiled widely as JJ began to whoop.

"We have a safety meeting, attendance mandatory," John B announced, speaking as though he was doing so on a walkie-talkie.

"I can't. My pop's got me on lockdown," Pope informed the trio, a disappointed look on his face.

"Come on, man," JJ complained, beginning to act like he was speaking on a walkie-talkie, "Your dad's a pussy. Over."

"Oh, I heard that, you little bastard," Heyward suddenly spoke up, appearing to be standing just behind Pope while holding a rake.

Rory let out a loud laugh as JJ rolled his eyes at her.

"We need your son," John B called out to Heyward, sounding nicer than JJ had.