4

MUTT
— 4. Pogues Vs Kooks

 It didn't take them long to find some kegs to buy

It didn't take them long to find some kegs to buy. Pope ended up getting the cups while Rory supplied them with weed. After all, she sold it as a side hustle whenever she could.

They made their way to the beach and soon after setting up, people began to arrive. There were Tourons, Pogues, and even some Kooks who arrived, having nothing else better to do with their lives.

Together, JJ and Rory locked arms with each other, beginning to have a contest on who could finish their cup of beer first. Rory ended up gulping her beer down quicker than JJ, leading to her winning by just a few seconds.

The group cheered and laughed, watching as Rory threw her cup to the ground. JJ rushed to finish the rest of his, beer spilling down his chin and down his neck.

JJ laughed loudly alongside Rory, the two of them high-fiving each other.

Soon after ditching JJ so that he could flirt with some Touron, Rory walked to sit alone, finishing the last of her cup of beer. She sat alone, waiting for some clueless Touron to come to her. They always did.

From the corner of her eye, she watched as a boy with dark hair walked up to her. She tried to contain her satisfied smile as he sat down next to her. He smiled, handing her a drink.

She turned to him, smiling back at him as she took the cup from his grasp.

"What's your name?" He asked her and Rory wanted to laugh at how nervous he looked to talk to her.

"Why don't you tell me yours first?" She retorted, a small smirk on her face.

"I'm—" He began to say, only to be cut off.

"Leaving. You're leaving," A familiar voice spoke up, causing Rory to loudly groan when she recognized it to be her brother.

The boy immediately turned and the moment he saw Nico, he was scared and fled without another word said.

What the fuck was that?

Usually, the Tourons didn't know who Nico was, which meant she still had a chance with them.

Rory groaned in frustration, but causally began to drink her beer as the boy ran off like a little bitch.

"Pussy," She muttered under her breath as she slowly turned to Nico, "Was that necessary?"

"He was a Kook, not a Touron. I was doing you a favor," He informed her and Rory couldn't help but smile slightly as he took a seat beside her.

However, the smile faded when he snatched the drink from her and drank it himself. She scoffed, turning to give him an annoyed look.

"Aren't you a little too old for high school parties?" She tauntingly asked him and Nico rolled his eyes.

"I'm nineteen," He retorted with an attitude and Rory smiled at him, "I didn't really come here to party, though. I came to ask about that money you left on the counter. It's a shit ton of money. Where did you get it from?"