12

MUTT
— 12. Brawl

    That afternoon, JJ and Rory ended up meeting with Pope and Kiara

    That afternoon, JJ and Rory ended up meeting with Pope and Kiara. Kie was making her friends join her on the Northside of Town to watch some movie screening that they had every year.

"I'm so glad that they're still doing this," Kiara confessed, a smile on her face, "Keep calm. Carry on. Back to OBX life. You know? Aren't you glad I made you come?"

"No. Not really," Rory replied at the same time that Pope had said, "Esctatic."

"Rory's bed was pretty comfy, I'll be honest," JJ confessed in a sarcastic tone, causing Rory to smile and shake her head when she saw the weird looks Pope and Kiara were giving them.

They were clearly getting the wrong idea.

JJ turned to Pope, beginning to whisper something to him without Kiara hearing while Rory walked over to the concession stands to get some soda.

"Hey, uh...Can I get three Pepsis, please?" She asked the man, who gave her a weird look with he saw her beaten up face.

"Hey, Rory," A voice called out, causing Rory to frown when she turned her head to see Julian walking up to her.

"Get lost, asshole," Rory snapped at the boy, who smirked at her tauntingly.

"Now, that's no way to treat your stepbrother, is it, sis?" Julian taunted the girl, who continued to hatefully glare at him as she was handed her sodas.

"Call me that again and I'll punch you in the throat," Rory snapped at the boy, in a low, threatening tone.

"You do remember the money you're getting from your mom is coming out of my dad's bank account. Right?" He reminded her and Rory tensed up as she thought about what her mother did earlier that day when she did something Genevieve didn't like.

"Leave her be, I got this," A familiar voice suddenly spoke up, causing the two teenagers to turn to see Rafe standing there.

Julian rolled his eyes in annoyance and walked away without another word said.

"I could have handled that myself," Rory complained as Rafe moved closer to her, "And why are you being nice? You're only nice to me when you want something. Weed, yayo from my brother, or you're looking to..." She trailed off and sighed, not bothering to finish the sentence.

"How you been?" He asked in a kind tone, which made the whole ordeal even more uncomfortable. He was never nice. Not even when he was trying to get in her pants.

"I'm fine. Just got my ass beat not even three hours ago by the psychotic bitch your buddy Julian likes to call Mom," Rory replied, causing Rafe to chuckle.

"She got you pretty bad, didn't you?" He asked, pointing to the bruises on her face. He raised his hand and ran the back of it across her cheek.

She felt shivers run down her spine at his touch and she sighed softly.