Chapter 20

Zyra's pov

Im officially bored. Mom went out to buy something, dad is finishing his works so that he wont have to work on it tomorrow, and my brothers..... Well, Alistair is with dad, weston is out with his friends, and liam is sleeping. I sighed and got up from the bed, i left my room and went to the kitchen.

I left a note on the kitchen table to let them know that im going out for a walk. I was planning on having a fun walk in the park since i find that place quite peaceful,while walking to my destination i plugged in my earphones to my phone and listened to some music. I played 'i like me better' by lauv

I was feeling very calm and happy that i started to hum the song out loud. When i finally reached the park i decided to sit on a bench near the pond. I was so relaxed as i watched the ducks in the pond, the kids running around, and the plants surrounding me.

I was so distracted that i didn't notice that someone sat beside me "beautiful right?" a voice interrupted my daydreaming i removed my earphones and turned to find a boy about my age sitting next to me "oh.. Uh yeah, nature is very relaxing to look at" i replied while turning my gaze back to the ducks in the pond in front of me.

The boy just chuckled "i know" he muttered "so.. What's your name?" i asked so that i wont just address him as 'the boy' in my mind "kyle, you?" 'kyle, that's a cute name' "zyra" he nodded then looked at the kids running around the playground "are you new here? I haven't seen you around before" he asked then looked at me in the eyes 'wow his eyes is beautiful.... Wait what?! Zyra what are you saying?!' i slightly fidgeted in my seat "oh uh.. I have been here last summer vacation, my mom wanted me to spend time with my brothers and father" i replied while looking anywhere but his eyes.

He just nodded "and i assume your here for Christmas break right?" i just nodded "you need to be careful when you decide to have a peaceful walk here in the park alone" he suddenly advised me, i looked at him puzzled "what do you mean?" before he can answer my question i heard someone call my name.

I looked back to see weston with a very unreadable face 'uh oh..... Did i do something wrong to him?' he marched his way to me then grabbed my wrist a little too hard "ouch! wes what are you doing?! Your hurting me!" he then let me go when we were out of the park, i looked back to see if Kyle was still there but he was gone like a bubble.

Weston then turned to me looking angry my palms was getting sweaty 'what did i do now??' i was getting very nervous "dont ever talk to that boy ever again! Do you hear me?!" he angrily said to me "why? We were just talking and Kyle looks like nice" i snapped back at him and that made him even more angry his knuckles are already turning white "ZYRA QUINN! LISTEN TO ME!" he yelled and that made me freeze, ok he is full on beast mode, im already shaking in my spot, ive never seen him so mad.

"listen to me carefully zyra im only gonna repeat this once, dont talk to that boy ever again" he hissed at me "ok but-" "do. You. Understand?! " i looked down at my hands and just nodded, not wanting to make him more angry than he already is.