The First Meeting

December 2007 (Patiala)

It was the time of a few weeks before winter break of this session of the school and second annual exams would have commenced after it.

I had shifted to Patiala that year only from our old hometown, Sangrur and had taken admission in a school near my house (Blossoms Sen. Sec. School, Patiala). How can I forget to mention it? (smiling..) , a place with which various memories are attached to mine.

Now talking about me, you can say not so a good looking guy. But for my mom, no boy would be more beautiful than me. I was not intelligent but I stood always third in class may be due to god's grace (laughingly...)I was an open-minded person who was fond of making new friends, maybe this was the reason all class was my friend at that time. But if you honestly ask all the class was supportive and truly cared for each other. If anybody cried, they would make funny faces and do funny things and much more to make him/her laugh.

Now, every class has a gang of badass girls. Our class too had! Apan, Nishu and Jaisu who were stars of the class but indeed really good from hearts (not like others as mentioned in many stories). So, coming to the Simran. She was a good friend of them and other classmates too.

She was one of the beauties of the school. Her smile and innocence made her character more admiring and sparkle. A good student in studies, she always remained smiling and tried to make the ones around her happy. I didn't notice much of her before that day when she came to ask me my class notebook of E.V.S.

She looked beautiful that day and that two little ponies (gutt in Punjabi we call) made her cuter (Maybe I had watched her so closely and in detail for the first time...). Her eyes were filled with sparkle like waves splashing on the beach end. Her sweet voice like honey when she asked me notebook made me fall for her. I was deeply immersed in that voice when she called out loudly pronouncing my name again. I made myself self-aware and handed her the notebook.

The days progressed and our winter vacations started. One day in vacations, I noticed my E.V.S notebook was not found anywhere. I asked my friends about it and they said they didn't know. I told my mom and got some scolding as return gift usually as typical Punjabi moms give to their offsprings. I then prepared the whole notebook again in the vacations.

The winter vacations passed on happily and in no time the school reopened. One day, I was taking out my tiffin from my bag and going out towards my friends who were waiting in the ground. Suddenly, somebody called out my name from the back. I turned behind and found it was Simran. She with her innocent face came to me and handed over a notebook. I opened and read E.V.S. Hell! What? I spoke from inside and looked towards her. She with her eyes down and said, "I am sorry that I forget to return the notebook to you. You had to complete holiday's homework in it & I foolishly kept it with myself". I didn't know what she was saying but I was continuously watching her lip moments and that innocence in her eyes while speaking those words. (How beautiful she was... (Amazingly))

Like a holy river, her character was,

In which I wished to dive

Innocence filled her eyes,

Giving glimpses of her pure soul

Her nose felt like falling flakes,

Whom I wished to touch

& feel her senses

The whole world laughed,

When she smiled

Nature felt ashamed,

In front of her beauty

I wished the time just stopped,

To admire her throughout life...

I then politely stopped her and said, "It's okay. You don't need to be sorry". She smiled and said, "Thank you" and went outside. The day went very good ahead and I kept on thinking about that moment. As I was a child, so you know when something like this happens, how great we feel to have it in our lives.

From that day, the friendship bond between us became stronger. I now played with Simran and her best friend Vagish in our P.T period until my friends called me to play with them. I started talking to her often. We had become just very good friends in a few months. The time passed down and our fourth class session was now completed.

We were now in Fifth standard but in different schools. I had got admission in one of the most reputed convent school in Patiala. I also went to the school because it was my parent's dream to see my study in a reputed school like every parent's dream. I told lie to all my friends that I am leaving the city because of my transfer of dad's duty to another city. A lot of memories were attached to this school but I had to leave. I met all my friends and bid adieu to the school.

When I was leaving school, an incident clicked into my mind of the fourth standard. One day I forgot to wear my spectacles to school. I was unable to watch the blackboard and whole class helped me that day during the study. Especially Simran, how she cared for me was so good. She helped me in completing my notebook. So, why can't I fall for a girl like her who did so much for me and cared for me? I didn't know whether she felt for me like this or she considered me as a friend only.

But now I was leaving this school. I couldn't know what was in her heart. I didn't know whether I would meet her again in life or not. The one-sided attraction of mine towards her was now a distant affair. I thought maybe it was just attraction which would fade away with the passage of the time.

"Leaving it on the God and the time, I took my steps out of the school and from the life of Simran indeed... until the paths of us cross down, if it was written in the fate of our lives"