Chapter 19

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦As a Parent👨‍👩‍👧‍👦

❄Hawk's POV❄

I immediately stood up and helped the guy I bumped into. "I'm sorry about tha-"I was saying but stopped when I realized who the person I bumped into was.

"Hawk?!"
 "Alex?!"

"Is that really you?" we both asked at the same time making us laugh.
"It's been a long time, huh?" Alex asked as we both stopped laughing.
"Yeah, It has.." I answered. "Anyways, How have you been?" I asked.
"I'm doing pretty good, Just being the same guy as before. How about you? How are you and Rose doing?" Alex asked as we both sat down on a bench nearby. 
"I see, well we're doing good as parents that is." I said and he gave me a smile.
 "I wonder how it feels to be a parent.." Alex mumbled which I heard.
"Well, It's a happy feeling actually. Raising your own child and family. It's something really different and it's just an indescribable feeling." I answered and he looked at me and smiled.
"Who would've thought that we would talk about something as serious as this?" Alex said with a chuckle.
"I know, right?" I said as we both chuckled.
"Anyways, speaking of parents. How are you and Astoria?" I asked and he looked at me with a smile.
"Well.. We're both doing fine. We're both happy as we are married." Alex answered and I nodded.
"Not having kids yet?" I asked and Alex just gave me a slight smile.
"Well.. truthfully, I would like to have one. Seeing how you and Rose have the twins while Travis and LingLing have their daughter. I always wondered how it is.  Although I don't know whether Astoria is ready for one or not. So I'm waiting for her opinion instead." Alex answered as I nodded in understanding. 

To be honest, at first when Rose said she wanted a child. I was happy yet I hesitated. I was afraid of the responsibility of a parent. I knew that I wanted a family to grow then. But I had thoughts of What if I fail as a parent? What if I can't bare to be one? and many more negative thoughts. Although after speaking to Dad and Rose's Dad. I saw the way their eyes shined and how they had the brightest smiles on their faces when they talked about the time they first held their child. How they got to see their first step, first words and the first memories they ever made. 

That was the time I knew to myself that I will do anything to not fail as a parent and be with them in all their firsts.

"Hey, Alex." I called his name and he turned to me.
"Yeah?" he answered.
"I just realized, What are you actually doing here in the Toy Store?" I asked and saw that he got caught off guard with my question.
"Well... I.. uh... umm.." He answered as he avoided eye contact.
"Well?" I asked as he looked around.
"Toys! I.. umm.. Came here to buy toys!" he answered.
"Well, Obviously. It is a Toy Store after all Alex." I answered with sarcasm.
"But for who..?" I asked and he just sighed as I looked at him with a serious look.
"Well, It's just a gift for Joy and Esquire's son." Alex answered.
"Oh, Right! His birthday is coming soon." I answered, although I looked at him suspicious as to what is the real reason he's here. 
"Anyways, How about you? Did you come here to buy some toys for the twins?" Alex asked and I nodded.
"Yeah, I came here with the twi-" As I was saying that I then realized that I was actually looking for them when suddenly I bumped into Alex and now I'm talking to him as if my kids weren't missing at all. Yeah, Hawk nice job.

"So you did?" Alex asked as I stood up which made him flinch.
"Anyways, nice talking to you Alex. There's something I need to do. See you later!" I said as I walked a way looking around the shop. 

"Axel? Apple?" I called out while looking at each and every aisle. And earlier I was just talking about how I wanted to be a good parent. While right now I just literally lost not one, but two kids. 

"Axel? Apple?" I called out again and as I stopped in one of the aisles, there I saw Rose crossing her arms looking at me with the twins hugging her from behind.

"Rose...." I said as I walked towards her. I gulped when I noticed that she was holding eight bags of shoes with disappointment visible on her face.

"Hawk." she called in a serious tone making me nervous and scared.
"Yes, Rose?" I answered and she just sighed
"Didn't I tell you to look after the twins and make sure to NOT lose them at any cost?" Rose asked with an annoyed tone in her voice.
"I'm sorry." I apologized while looking down on the floor. I messed up Big Time.
"Seriously Hawk, What if I didn't see find them and What if they got kidnapped?" Rose said as she placed her hand on her head stroking her hair.
"I'm sorry pumpkin pie." I said and went to hug her. I heard her sighed but felt her arms wrap around me.
"Just don't do it ever again, okay?" Rose asked as I let go of the hug and look at her.
"I won't." I answered and she nodded with a smile.
"I'll carry those." I said and grabbed the bags from Rose's hand.

"Mommy?" Apple called as she tugged at Rose's shirt making Rose turn to her.
"Yes Apple?" Rose asked as she looked at Apple.
"Axel and I have chosen a toy." Apple answered and Rose nodded.
"Then, can you show it to Mommy and Daddy?" Rose asked and Apple nodded guiding us towards the toy they have chosen.
"Okay then, Let's check out!" I said and the twins jumped around happily.

Rose then went to the counter and bought the toys for the twins. After that we went to a fast food restaurant and ate lunch. We also went into some stores that we bought clothes for the twins including Rose and I. We also played some games at the arcade as we also bought some more snacks on the way. After that long day we went home and went to sleep.