Chapter 3

"You did what?!" Eric yelled at the man before him. His entire body was rigid, as he stared wide-eyed, at the shaking man. 

"SHHHTTT... Keep your voice down." Mason whisper yelled at him, violently motioning with his hands, indicating the same thing as his words.

"Why?! Why would you do that?!" Eric continued, in a slightly more hushed voice. 

"It was a mistake alright," Mason said sitting down behind his desk. 

"It still doesn't explain why you invited a witch to the Alpha's birthday!" Eric said as he started pacing around.  "I mean what will the Alpha say... What will he do..." 

"I don't know..." Mason replied, "All I know is that I was to invite all single or unmated females in the area, that's what you told me." 

"Yes, but not the local witch! I mean you do know that werewolves and witches aren't exactly a good mix right?"

"I know, I know..." Mason said staring out of the window.

"You've gotta fix this..." Eric said as he stopped pacing and sat down across from Mason.

"I mean we're not even sure if she would want to come yet," Mason replied.

"And if she does?"

"Then we have a problem..." 

Eric sighed, "I think you're just gonna have to tell her." 

"What?" Mason said incredulously. 

"I mean think about it. She's probably wondering why she would be invited. If you'd just go over there and tell her that you made a mistake then we're sure that the problem is fixed." 

"I can't just do that!" Mason exclaimed, "What if she's offended and attacks me?" 

"I don't know, you should've thought about that before you sent that damned invitation," Eric replied, and with that, Mason knew the conversation was over. 

So it was, in fact, a few hours later that Mason would find himself to be on his way to the witches shop. At first, he had been very apprehensive about the whole situation. Ever since he'd been a kid his mother had told him stories about the witches, how they were dangerous creatures that could easily curse, hurt or kill him if they wanted to. So ever since then, he'd been a little scared of witches, avoiding them at all cost. 

But now, here he was, on his way to actually talk to one. Sure he'd met her before, or at least seen her once or twice in passing, but he'd never actually talked to her. She didn't seem that threatening, and he was a Beta werewolf, so he'd probably be able to take her, should the need arise. 

Not that he thought it would end in a fight, but honestly he still didn't really look forward to it. I mean there was something in those orange eyes that just made him feel uneasy. 

As he turned the corner he laid eyes upon the witches shop, Sapphira's potions. He'd known the witch had a shop in the town over, but he'd never really seen it before. It was bigger than he'd expected, but it was still a rather small, old fashioned looking store. 

Soon he stood right in front of its door, the 'open' sign staring at him. 

He took a deep breath before he opened the door, causing the bell above it to ring. As he entered the store a variety of scents hit his nose all at once, causing him to cough. 

"I'll be right there!" A distant sounding female voice yelled as he set foot into the building. 

He let the door close behind him as he took in the room. Large wooden shelves lined the walls, glass bottles and vials standing everywhere. To his left was a wooden counter with a cash register and a bell placed upon it. Next to the bell stood a small sign, "If I'm not here, ring."