Chapter 21

As Sapphira scanned through the text her eyes landed on the part that she'd been looking for. 

The Wolf. 

Each werewolf has a human persona and a wolf persona. The wolf persona will come forward when the werewolf becomes of age and shifts for the first time. From this moment on the werewolf will also be able to find his mate. 

Once the wolf persona has presented itself it creates a duality in the werewolf, now having both a human and animalistic side. During intense emotions, the wolf persona may push forward and can even cause the werewolf to shift. 

The strength of this wolf is determined by the position of the wolf in the pack. With this the Alpha wolf being the strongest. 

The presence of the wolf can be seen by the shifting of the eye colour as the wolf has yellow eyes. 

That's where Sapphira stopped reading and looked up at Luke. He had his elbows on his knees as he had his face in his hands, but despite this, she could still see the faint yellow glow...

Turning back to the book she continued to read, trying to determine what they meant by 'presence'. As she continued to read she learned that within the Alpha there was a strong duality when it came to the human and wolf side, as both wanted to overpower the other. 

In the best-case scenario, the two of them would work together, aid each other to be stronger. But the wolf could become restless...

One of the things that could calm a wolf down was the mate. As the mate stayed close to the werewolf, it would calm the wolf down. 

Sapphira hesitantly looked up at Luke, debating on if she should help him calm his wolf down...

It was however on the next page that she read something interesting...

The main way to calm an Alpha down is by the touch of the Luna. Even with small contact, as the touching of the hands, the inner turmoil of the Alpha and his wolf can be calmed. 

So at that moment, Sapphira decided to do something that didn't really make sense to her. I mean why would that help him calm down? 

She stood up from her chair and started walking over to the couch. As she did so, Luke immediately looked up at her, his eyes fixed on hers. Not breaking eye contact with him she sat down next to him, rather closely might I add. 

Then without saying a thing, she turned her attention back to the book as she continued reading. Next to her, she felt just how close he was to her, and she also felt him relax the second they touched.

Suddenly an arm moved around her shoulder, pulling her in closer, causing her to lean against him. At this Sapphira stiffened, unsure of this development... Quite frankly she didn't know how she felt about this... Minutes ago he had hurt her... But then again, perhaps as a wolf he underestimated his strength or overestimated her pain capacity... 

At the same time however, Luke sighed and the tension in his body left completely, a fact that to a certain degree, did surprise her... 'So the book was right...' She thought, as part of her wanted to shake his arm off of her, but another part told her to just let it be for the moment...

For a while, this went on like this, Sapphira reading and Luke calmly sitting and occasionally watching her. It was then that the door to the library opened and Mason entered, followed by Percy. 

"Percy!" Sapphira said enthusiastically as the cat ran over to her and jumped onto her lap. Immediately he started making himself comfortable before laying down and purring as Sapphira pet him. "Thank you." She smiled at Mason. 

"No problem, he was easy to find." He said as he handed the book he was carrying to Luke, "A bit hard to catch though, but once I mentioned your name he came willingly." 

Sapphira chuckled and Luke thanked Mason for the book. "You're dismissed for today," Luke said with a smile on his face, "Go and be with your mate."

And Mason did not need to be told twice as he walked out of the room with a 'yes sir' and a beaming smile.

Luke looked down at the book that he was holding, carefully reading the title as he opened it, "Goodluck." Sapphira said with a chuckle as she looked back down at her own book.