Chapter 19

Sapphira sighed as she crossed her arms staring into the distance, "I don't know... I mean clearly, we have very different ideas and opinions on the matter... The only way I could see this work is if we compromise..." 

The look on Luke's face turned darker as she said that, and he was about to respond to her when she spoke up once more.

"What exactly do you want from me? Then I'll tell you what I want and we'll go from there." She said, carefully watching him as his eyes had turned yellow, "A way in which we can both sort of get what we want."

Slowly his eyes started regaining their original colour, but a few yellow swirls remained as he sat up straighter, "You're my mate, and by pack law, you are required to move in with me immediately and become the Luna of this pack." 

At that Sapphira frowned, and ran a hand through her hair, "We barely even know each other..." She paused looking at the window, "Plus I don't even fully understand what a Luna is..."

"The mother figure of the pack," Luke spoke up watching her intently.

"You mentioned that..." Sapphira said with a sigh, "Look here's what I want... I want to understand the situation I'm in, I don't even understand the whole mate thing... I mean know nothing about wolves, yet you're telling me that now I need to live like one? What do you even know about witches?"

Luke looked at her before looking down at his hands, I mean she was partly right, what did he know about witches? 

"Look, I need to understand what it would mean before we can make compromises alright? Before I can make a choice."

Before she knew it Luke had slammed his fist down on the table, his eyes now a solid yellow and his nostrils flared, "A choice?" He bellowed in a powerful voice, "You are my mate, there is no choice! You will become Luna of this pack, Of me!"

Startled Sapphira jumped ever so slightly staring at the very clearly pissed off man in front of her. Almost as a reflex, her arms moved in a defensive stance, ready to defend herself from the beast before her. 

Her entire life she had been warned by the witches around her for the monsters that are werewolves... Those who kill witches for the fun of it, those who have no morals and only a thirst for violence, and right now here he stood right before her, looking ready to pounce. 

She would hate to admit it, but at that moment she was properly scared, scared to the point where she felt like she had to run or fight. It was at that moment, however, that Luke noticed just that, noticed her fear. In his mind he wanted to calm down, to stop frightening her, but he had no control in that moment, in that moment his wolf had all the reigns. 

But he knew one thing, she could stop it, her touch would calm him. Quickly he moved towards her, hugging her close to his body he felt the anger move away until he was sufficiently calm. Sapphira, on the other hand, was still rather scared, although perhaps more surprised then scared in that moment. 

Luke took in one last whiff of her scent before letting her go and moving back to his chair and sitting down. "You're right I know nothing about witches." He said.

"And clearly I don't understand wolves..." Sapphira said the fear having left her now, "I can't uproot everything for a man I don't even really know..." She said and noticed him tensing up once more, "But I'm willing to compromise as I said... I think we should learn about each other, understand more about our different species..."

"And how should we do that?" He asked, "Do you have a 'witches 101' guide or something like that?" He added sarcastically.

"I might have." Sapphira replied, "It may not give a complete image, but enough to better understand each other. I suppose that you have such a book as well."