Epilogue Part Three

Here's a bombshell for you: 5 children die every day from abuse and neglect, just like our sad yet lovely Ariel.

And those are just the recorded numbers. Imagine the statistics if you added in all the kids who no one cared about.

If you see a kid who needs help, don't ignore it. Do what you can to make their lives better, including going to an adult you trust.

This may be a world ruled by adults, but it's about to be a world ruled by those who survived.

Those who survived the hunger, the dehydration, the homelessness, the school shootings, the suicide, the anxiety, the eating disorders, the bullying, the rape, the sexual harassment, the mental disorders, the abuse, the neglect. It's about to be ruled by a bunch of kids filled to the brim with PTSD and depression and anxiety and... Well, you get my point.

When this world is ruled by us, how will we change it? By letting the kids going through hard times slip back into their shells and their dark places?

Why can't we do exactly as Ms. Ariel Steel said in her final goodbye and say "It doesn't have to be nothing anymore."  We can change the world here and now with raising awareness and changing the way adults look at things.

Not with threats and tantrums, but with thought out letters and research. Even if you don't want to do that, talk to your parents or guardian about what you've learned today or tonight (whatever time it is). Tell them thank you and that you love them, and watch out for kids who maybe don't have as many friends or flinch away when people try and touch them.

Watch out for the underdogs.

And here's my final bombshell.

This isn't the end. Not your's and not mine. We can make a new future.

Bombshells ~ CompleteOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara