Troll XX (Part 2)

They were holding auditions to find a new rap champion.

Poppy shouted, "DJs, spin it."

DJ and Trollex started a beat.

Guy Diamond barely started and was clearly into sustained vocalization.

"Next!"

Satin was good, but her sister, not so much.

"Uh, my sister is Chenille and her rhymes are so relentless

She knows me so well she can finish this..."

Chenille said, "I'm not doing this."

"Next!"

Cooper then just wrapped a present.

They all snickered and Cooper said, "Oh, you meant the other kind of 'rap battle'? Ha-ha-ha! I am confused!"

***

After a week, Barb said, "An entire week of searching and nothing."

DJ then said, "Face it, Trollex. You're the only one who has a shot at beating Ocean Blues tonight."

But, Trollex just said, "There's got to be someone who can improvise compliments in time."

Just then, Biggie and Mr. Dinkles walked by.

Biggie said, "There once was a worm named Dinkles, with eyes like a star when it twinkles. He was charming and then some and so very handsome and sweet like a cupcake with sprinkles. Yay!"

Poppy asked, "Biggie, what are you doing?"

He said, "Oh, hello, Poppy, DJ, Your Majesties. Just a game we play where we make up poems. You do one, Mr. D."

"Meep."

Biggie's response was, "Well...bit vulgar for my taste, but you get the idea."

Trollex then thought he could use this.

***

Trollex gave Biggie a picture of Ocean Blues, "Now, all you have to do is make up a friendly poem about her."

He then gestured DJ to start the music.

Biggie said, "Oh, my. This feels...so right.

"You have the face of an angel sent from heaven

On a scale of one to ten, you're an eleven..."

Prince D said, "Better. Now, more attitude."

Biggie continued,

"You look so sweet. I could eat you like a glutton

Or sew you onto my vest, 'cause you're cute as a button"

DJ looked at Trollex and said, "Say, I think we've got a contender. Come on, you guys, we've gotta spread the word."

She then hugged Trollex and she and the others left to spread the word.

Biggie continued rapping,

"I love you so much, you bring me to tears

I love your beautiful smile and your eyes

And your big, floppy ears"

Trollex then gasped with horror, "No, Biggie! She's sensitive about her...about her ears."

Biggie replied, "But, I like her ears."

Trollex hyperventilated again, and TBDB gave him some more paper.

He made an origami rose and sighed with a freaky smile.

Biggie said, "Uh, Trollex, you're sort of freaking me out."

Trollex responded, "Listen to me, Biggie. If you don't watch everything you say tonight, you could end up like me...haunted by the shame of hurting another Troll until the day you die."

Biggie said, "Well, surely not until the day I-"

Trollex interuppted, "Until the day...you...die. So, be very, very careful with your words. "

Biggie was clearly freaked out.

TBDB asked Trollex as they floated away, "Are you sure that was a good idea?"

Trollex replied, "Ah, I'm sure he'll be fine."