Tying Trouble (Part 2)

It was morning in Bergentown.

Gristle woke up and looked at his shoes.

Unfortunately, he still couldn't remember.

He then went out of bed and started tripping his way to breakfast.

When he sat down at the table, Bridget joined him.

She shouted, "Good morning, Grissie!"

Gristle thought to himself, "Oh, no! I can't let her see I still haven't tied my shoes!"

So, he simply took of his shoes and threw them under the table.

Bridget asked him, "So, can you still teach me to tie my shoes? Say, where are your shoes?"

Gristle just stated, "Oh, darn. I think I left them in my room. Oh, well. Why not spend today without shoes for a change?"

Bridget stated with confusion, "Because a shoe's main purpose is to protect our feet from things like broken glass, insects, and toe fungus?"

Gristle knew she was right.

He then said, "Oh, yeah. I suppose I'll just run back and get them then."

Just then, Tod came into the dining room.

He said to Bridget, "Milady, you have an appointment with the hair dresser and the tailor today."

Bridget said, "Oh, right! Well, Grissie, breakfast was wonderful! I'll hopefully see you later for our dinner date?"

Gristle replied, "Of course. Wouldn't miss it for the world."

Bridget hugged him and said as she left, "See you in a few hours."

A few minutes after she left, Chad came to him, "Your Majesty, the Troll leaders are here for a visit."

Gristle said, "Oh, great. Send them on in."

The Troll leaders entered, "Hey, Gristle!"

Gristle invited them to sit at the table while he grabbed them some breakfast.

Poppy noticed his shoeless feet, "Um...where are your shoes?"

Gristle said, "I...think I left them in my room. I'll go get them."

Trollzart stopped him, "Wait, here they are! Under the table!"

Barb said, "Heads up, man!," then threw them to Gristle.

Gristle nervously put them on and grabbed a plate of blueberry pancakes.

Prince D said, "Those look good. Bring 'em over."

Gristle knew if he tried to take a step, he would just trip.

Delta asked, "Uh, what's the hold-up?"

Gristle answered, "Nothing. Nothing."

He then got an idea; He started shuffling over, a few millimeters at a time, "Ok, here I come."

He said as he shuffled, "I'm coming over. I'm bringing the pancakes to you. Here come the pancakes. No problem. I'm walking...the blueberry pancakes...over to my friends. All right, you guys. I'm giving you the pancakes...so you can eat them...when they come to you...which is right...now."

He held them out, but saw that he didn't even move one inch from the first spot.

The Trolls looked at him with confusion.

Trollex said, "Um...Gristle? We're over here."

Delta asked, "Why's it suddenly so hard for you to bring us pancakes?"

Gristle nervously said, "No reason. I'm coming."

He said to himself, "I can do this. Just slowly move your leg. And start..."

He then tripped, launching the pancakes at the Trolls.