14 ᴥ Forevers

It could be normal. It could be a new start for both of us, and I genuinely wanted this for her. But just hearing the news hit me like a train. It was hypocritcal of me. 'Yes you should be with her forever...but not like that'.

--

"We could open up the back of the house here," Esme was saying as she ran her hands over the wall connected to the glass panes overlooking the trees behind the house.

"Esme I have a perfectly nice house just waiting for me inside town," I tried to politely decline her offer to re-do the house just for an extra room for me.

"Which you rented out," she reminded me. "You can't kick them out without notice or you'll have a lawsuit on your hand."

I laughed, "I could always evict them."

"Not without reason." Esme was the last person I wanted to argue with about houses.

"I don't need a reason if the resident's turn up missing." I mumbled.

She hit me lightly on the arm, but she was smiling when she shook her head at my joke. There was no winning against Esme. She made up her mind already as she mentally measure the space she wanted to expand in her head, her eyes darting back and forth rapidly.

"Well until then I'll be fine, really. It's not like I need a bed, Esme," I squeezed her arm. "Thank you for welcoming me like this."

"Corinna you've been with us for months, I'm past welcoming," she said sincerely before disappearing downstairs.

I sighed as I looked around the hallway, deciding what to do. I ended up making my way into Edward's room. Since we've been back in town, he hadn't been home hardly ever, spending most of his time at Bella's. It was hard for me, but in the end I knew it was for the best.

I wasn't going to be happy being his second choice for all eternity.

"Don't tell me you're in here moping," Rosalie's voice came in from the door way where she and Alice stood.

"I'm not," I rolled my eyes with a smile as I thumbed through his record collection.

"Let's do something fun, please," Alice asked as she danced to my side, turning me around from the bookshelf.

I narrowed my eyes at her, "What's this about?"

"What? We can't take our new sister out for some fun? We can go get our nails done," Rosalie sauntered over to the other side of me.

"Okay, now I know something is up." I crossed my arms. "Both of you could work circles around any nail salon. What are you trying to do? Get me out of the house?"

"Get all of us out of the house actually," Rosalie almost laughed.

I stared at them, waiting for the truth. Alice was the first to break.

"Okay, there's a family meeting tonight and I saw some of the topics coming up and I didn't think you would want to be involved and-"

"And I would rather die than go," Rosalie smiled brightly. "So let's go."

"No, no," I shook my head while she groaned loudly. "I want to be here."

I heard the front door open downstairs followed by a heartbeat and footsteps.

"Bella's here," I smiled, but dread filled me as I wondered what the topics were that Alice wanted to shield me from.

"We still have time to leave," Rosalie tried to persuade me to the window.

"You're not making me do this by myself," I whispered as I grabbed their arms and dragged us downstairs.

Bella was standing awardly by the door still and I could feel the tension between her and Jasper. I thought of the last time she was here...the broken glass, the blood, the anger. Her eyes met mine and she smiled weakly. Rosalie crossed her arms as she stomped over and sat on Emmett's lap while Alice stood in front of her mate to calm him down. I drifted over to the couch plopping myself down onto the edge of it next to where Carlisle stood.