Chapter 15 - The Triwizard Tournament

A/N: Feel free to skip this ramble...

One time I was watching this youtube video about a Harry Potter colouring book (only because I was thinking of buying it but I ended up coming to my senses and admitting I would probably only colour a quarter of a single page and lose patience, especially after realising my art was a lot more shit than what I was seeing on pinterest) and the girl was like "Here I've coloured Hedwig. I really enjoyed this page because Hedwig is my all-time favourite character of the Harry Potter series" ahahahahaha of ALL the interesting, complex, incredible characters... Ginny, Dumbledore, McGonagall, Dobby, Fred and George (oh and Snape obviously) you love that fucking owl THE MOST?! 😂😂😂 I mean of course we all love Hedwig but all-time favourite character? All she does the whole series is give Harry some pecks and deliver a letter! I just found that super cute and hilarious. Anyway, there was a point to this story... oh yeah, who's your favourite character (apart from Sevy) and are there any characters you would want to feature more in this story?

Okay that's enough of that... back to the story!

*

"ASH!!! There you are!!"

Maive charged through the doorway and jumped on to the bed, wrapping Asha in a rib-crushing embrace. Suddenly Asha's four-poster was piled with all four of her room-mates - Maive, Alisha, Jules and Rachel - all taking turns to hug her and proclaim how much they missed her.

"Eh, I guess I've missed you guys a bit too," Asha joked.

"Why weren't you on the train? We were worried!" exclaimed Alisha, dramatic as always. Asha looked sheepish.

"I missed the train. Flitwick had to apparate me," she lied.

"I knew it!" cried Maive, "You all owe Matt and me ten Fizzing Whizzbees!"

Asha laughed as the other three swore.

"Dammit, Ash! We put our faith in you and look where it got us!" shouted Rachel in mock anger.

Asha watched the giggling faces of her fellow Hufflepuffs and gave a genuine smile. She had to admit, it was nice to have some light-hearted company again.

"You seem really good, Ash. I have to confess, we were all a bit worried about you at the end of third year," said Jules. Maive gave her a scolding look.

Asha smiled apologetically and said, "Yeah, I'm sorry about that," (there was an inevitable chorus of 'don't be sorry!'), "I think I was just stressed about exams and stuff - having a break's fixed me up though!" All the girls beamed.

"Hey, Matt, Justin and Earnie are out in the common room - they'll be stoked to see you too!" said Maive, grabbing Asha by the hand and pulling her to the door. Maive was no doubt looking forward to declaring she and Matt had won the bet.

That night at the start of year feast, Dumbledore announced some very exciting news: Hogwarts was going to be hosting the Triwizard Tournament this year. As a result, many hours later, Asha lay in bed, unable to sleep. The more she thought about it, the more she was desperate to compete. Even her usually unwavering desire not to be noticed was cast aside by the idea of the Tournament. It sounded incredible. And it would be a perfect chance for her to get to use all the advanced and somewhat dangerous magic she had been learning. Maybe the champions would have to duel each other! But, to many students' dismay, only those over the age of seventeen were allowed to compete. Asha was only fourteen. So that was that, and she was left cursing the rules and praying that the Tournament might be held again in her seventh year.