[14] Thank u, Next

"You not too bad, I guess."

Ki had encouraged Nicci to go on a date with Baby. Well, not a date, per se... More of a talk over a table.

"...Thanks." Nicci blinked, closing her eyes for longer than a second, then reopened them. "I don't mean to go off topic..." She sighed.

"But I'm a little concerned, and I just can't shake the feeling."

"About what?" DaBaby said, looking downing at his food and poking at it with his fork.

"About Ki." She sighed again, sitting uncomfortably in her chair.

Nicci knew something was up, but Ki clearly wasn't going to say it. Her words were rushed as she spoke to Nicci on the phone, as if she was late for something. Or she was in the middle of something.

"She's acting strange."

***

"Ki, it is me. I'm real, okay?"

"I don't trust anyone right now." She said, folding her arms.

"Look at me." Roddy asked and Ki ignored, turning her back to him. "Ki, you didn't even have his number. It was unknown."

"So? I don't even remember when I got yo number."

"What?"

She didn't respond.

"Ki. Don't you see? There's something up. I never even introduced you to Donbo yet."

Ki knew he was right, but she didn't feel like talking to him at the moment. So she got up, picked up her things and left.

Roddy left the bedroom to catch up with her and he saw that she was already at the door. He tapped on her shoulder. "You're leaving now?" He said, rubbing his eye, trying to adjust to the light.

"Yes, I am. I can't do this no more. Well, at least however for long I feel so." She picked up the lip gloss she dropped on the floor, then shoved it into her purse.

"Ki, I ain't got a clue of what you talking bout."

"I don't think we can be together," Ki put out, tears leaving her eyes glossy. "It's just so much stress! I just wanna chill wit you and I can't cause we be dealing with shit on the daily!"

She was expecting Roddy to say something, but he just hugged her tightly, allowing her to cry into his shoulder.

"Maybe we should spend a lil time apart." Roddy said, patting her back. "I ain't got nothing against how you feel, I feel the same, in fact. But you know I still love you, tho."

"I love you too, Roddy."

Her cries were muffled, and when she pulled away she struggled to look at him. "I guess I'll be going now..."

She opened the door and left.

***

The journey home was incredibly uncomfortable for Ki. She couldn't stop thinking about anything, it all just replayed in her mind. She chose to walk home, as she believed it would make her feel better, but the idea failed her.

She mainly regretted walking because she constantly had a terrible headache that began to get to her, but it wasn't like the ones she had before.