Chapter 4 ~ Tention

Ginger unpacked her suitcase in the spare room at the presbytery.
Later she walked down into the kitchen to see a middle aged lady baking strawberry scones.

"Oh you must be Mrs Mcreedy?" Ginger laughed sitting down."The Father has told me all about you."

"Its Mrs McCarthy!" She said making a pot of tea. "I've heard you've been 'seducing' the Inspector." She spoke with her strong Irish accent.

"SEDUCING!" Ginger laughed out loud.
"HELL NO! NOOOO! I have not been seducing Inspector Sullivan, I'm just trying to....to 'persuade' him to give me all the information on the murders for my story!"

"Well good luck with that then my dear, that Inspector is as stubborn as a donkey!"

"I have a secret weapon." Smirked Ginger finishing her cup of tea.

"Oh, well what's that?" Father Brown asked as he and Sid worked on.

"Give me a minute." Ginger said running upstairs excited.

"Hurry up! We've gotta be at Lady F's  soiree party in 10 minutes!" Shouted Sid

Ginger walked down in a stunning golden dress with her red hair let down.

"You look stunning!" Father Brown smiled.

"I can't wait to see the Inspectors face." Sid laughed.

"Don't be ridiculous Sid!" Mrs McCarthy spoke."You know perfectly well the Inspector isn't one for falling in love!"

"We'll see." Comment Ginger.

They all drove to Lady Felicias house and were welcomed in.
Ginger grabbed some bubbly and started to look for Inspector Sullivan.

"Looking for someone?" Lady Felicia smirked at her."He's by the flowers." She pointed.

"Thank you." Ginger smiled. Before she went Lady Felicia grabbed her arm and whispered.

"Spare bedroom up the stairs, third door on the right, second floor level. Tell me how everything goes after."With that she walked away.

"Here goes." Ginger spoke taking a deep breath and walking over to him.

"Hello Inspector, so nice to see you again." She purred.
Sullivan immediately turned round and his mouth fell open seeing Ginger in that stunning dress.

"Miss Clark I didn't expect to see you here today." He stammered out trying not to stare at her to much.

"Well Lady Felicia invited me, hows the case going? " She asked.

"Not well, there are no finger prints on the gun and....." He stopped himself and looked at her angrily." You know I can't talk about it and especially not to a journalist!"
Ginger made puppy dog eyes at him.

"I need to use the restroom." He muttered going upstairs.

'Time to turn up the heat.' Ginger thought following him. She waited inside the spare bedroom ready for him to pass it coming out.
Finally he came out and she quickly pulled him inside and pinned him against the door.
He looked shocked and went rigid.
"You need to learn to relax Inspector." She spoke rubbing his shoulders gently. Ginger could see he was starting to enjoy it.
When she stopped he looked up sad.

"Dance with me." She said holding Sullivans  hand and walking to the centre of the room. Ginger put the record player on.
"I really should get back you know." He spoke nervously.
"What, never danced with a woman before?" Ginger smirked.

"I have!"

"Then prove it." She said holding out her arms for him to join her.
Sullivan huffed and went over. Ginger smiled and put her arms around his neck as he held her by the waist.

They both swayed to the music and Sullivan couldn't take his eyes of her.
Ginger lent in closer to him and whispered in his ear.
"I want to do some 'We shouldn't be doing this' things with you."

He immediately let go of her.

"The only thing you want is your damn story." He spoke leaving the room.

"Aaargh this man is impossible!" She shouted to herself at the in the mirror.

She marched down stairs and did a thumbs down sign to Father Brown, Mrs McCarthy and Ladt Felicia. For the rest of the party Ginger and Sullivan didn't speak but the tension was high!

Ginger saw what she thought was her drink on the table and drank it quickly without hesitating.
Soon after her head felt funny and she couldn't stand properly.

"Somethings wrong." Lafy Felicia commented.

"Just to much to drink!" S8ghed MrsMCarthy.

The turned away for a second and heard a smash of a glass.
Lady Felicia screamed seeing Ginger laying on the floor not moving.

Farther Brown immediately rushed over to her and so did Sullivan.
"Oh please no" He cried looking at her beautiful face, whilst stroking her cold cheek.Father Brown looked up at him worried

"Get an ambulance, she's not breathing!"