Chapter 8 ~ My prisoner

'WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE HAS TO STAY WITH ME?' Sullivan shouted

'while we are waiting for the trial there is no space in the cells at all after that organised robbery at Preston Wells, and seeing as your small cell is not large enough for a person for more than three days Ginger Clark will need to stay with you' the chief inspector explained.

Sullivan was annoyed, very annoyed, he loved her but she had broken his heart by drugging him then stealing his files.

He drove up to the prison and Ginger was shoved in the car. They sat in silence as they drove, neither of them wanted to talk. Sullivan pulled up to his house and dragged Ginger out the car.

'Don't push me' Ginger snapped.

'Well why not' Sullivan hissed, opening the door then locking it behind him. 'All the doors and windows are bolted' Sullivan hissed 'and if you break one of my windows I will make sure you pay for it'

Ginger groaned and sat sat on a sofa. 'are you going to take these off? Or are you keeping me handcuffed forever?' she asked.

Sullivan walked over and took them off 'You better not try anything.' he states.

'Why do you think I would?' she asks sweetly.

'Because you have already drugged me before, you can do it again' he said.

'why would i want to escape, Im trying to get out of being hung for committing a crime I didn't do' Ginger hissed 'Drugging you would give more evidence to put me on death row'

'I don't know your games Ginger, but I assure you, I'm not falling for them again.' he said 'I don't know what your hiding, you could steal information and phone it in to your newspaper'

'and why would I do that?' she asked in mock sweetness

'Because you are a lying snake' Sullivan snapped.

Ginger rolled her eyes. 'have you got anything to eat?' she asks

'Yes' he says 'Get up'

'why?' ginger said

'because I don't want you stealing anything' he snaps

'you have my word' ginger murmured.

'Your word isn't enough' he snaps, it went deadly quiet

'you know what Inspector' she said, emphasising the weird inspector 'I don't want some food. I want to go to bed. I hope we do not have to share the same room or I will jump out of the window'

Sullivan chuckled as he walked Ginger to her room. He closed and locked the room and collapsed on the other side, bashing his head against the floor.

Ginger was already going under the covers 'this is hell' she murmured before falling asleep. Terrible dreams awaited her.