Heart Breaker

The rest of the school day passed by briefly with little homework for anyone. AnnyMay and I met up in the bathroom so we could get on the bus together. we didn't go far into the place because of the girls smoking and spraying hair spray everywhere. They were gossiping and put on make up in there. One girl looked up at me and turned from her mirror to approach AnnyMay and I.         

        "What do you think you were doing?" she smacked hard on her gum. She had lots of make up on and her clothes were very tight as she tried to walk in her high pink heels.

        "Excuse me?" I looked at her in confusion.

        "Don't act stupid now. Stay away from my boy. Chad is mine. Got that, chica?" she poked my chest.

        "You can have him." I shrugged. She laughed at me and so did her group of girls.

        "He is already mine, I just don't want no girl coming in and clogging his head. He hadn't been himself all day and I think it's because of you." she snarled at me.

        "Well I'll send my apologizes right away." I turned and AnnyMay stayed close by.

        "Don't play with me, little girly. You are obviously new here so I'll just warn you. If you step anywhere between Chad and me, you will get to know a pretty ugly side of me." she threaten.

        "Then you'll need to finish applying that make up, I think I can see your ugly." I looked at her face. She looked insulted and gasped.

        "Scram, you grit!" she spat harshly. We quickly coward away and the girls laughed at as we ran. AnnyMay looked so worried and tired.

        "Come on, AnnyMay. We have to go home." I grabbed her hand so we could leave.

        When we got outside there were teens everywhere. Many were listening to music loudly in their cars and hangout with buds. I glance over my shoulder and saw Chad watching me. I looked back twice and he had two friends over there, smoking. He didn't have a smoke though, he just watched me and AnnyMay walk over to the bus. I smiled a small smile and waved over at him. A smile grew widely on his face and he gave me a two finger wave over his head in one motion.

        When I got on the bus, AnnyMay went straight to our seat and waited for me. The bus pulled off and I saw Chad looking for me as we passed. He had already started up his bike and was cracking it. His deep eyes met mine and he smirked before he popped a wheelie and road it off the campus. He then leaped off the grass and onto the street pavement. I watched in amazement.

        It was a long trip back home so AnnyMay and I took a nap together. Hayden woke us up to get off. Brody was outside waiting for his sister like he promised. AnnyMay ran over and hugged him. He spoke to Hayden briefly before they walked back home to their farm.

        "Hop in, sport." she smiled as she unhooked her bike. I looked at her overalls.

        "What happened to the clothes you had on earlier?" I asked.

        "I changed back into my old ones. Is that bad?" she was a little feistier.

        "No." was all that was said. The ride back home was quiet. We got home in time, before the sun setted.

        Pa was on the couch eating and drinking beer. He was such a slobbed and I was sure our choirs were left for us in the kitchen. I washed the dishes while Hayden vacuumed helplessly fro our leaky vacuum cleaner. She swept and started on laundry. I cleaned out the kitchen and then sat on the floor with her to help her.