Hero and Heroine

The morning began normally. Hayden was happier this morning and spoke to me so I was happy. She put light make up on me again and bumped my hair  at the ends and let it loose this time. She did fancy curls. She called it feathering. I liked it a lot.

        We rode to the bus stop and the group of girls were there again. It wasn't to long before Brody and AnnyMay met up with us. Brody was flirting with my sister again as usual and AnnyMay had our breakfast before the bus came. The ride was quiet this morning and there were less people. I watched out the window and worked on sketches again while AnnyMay napped on my arm.

        When we arrived at the school, everyone broke apart again but AnnyMay kept me close by again. She looked behind me and smiled. She signaled for me to turn around but I didn't.

        "Is it him?" I asked with my eye closed. She just smiled cheekily. I had been rambling from time to time about my encounter with him most of the morning.

        "Ashley?" he walked up behind me. I turned and he had two friends from his poesy by his sides. I looked up at him, quickly noticing how he towered over me. He was at least a foot taller than AnnyMay and I.

        "Chad Franco." I nodded at him. He smiled at me and then looked at AnnyMay as she looked deeply at the two boys.

        "This is my best friend, AnnyMay. She doesn't talk." I introduced her.  

        "Oh. Well hello, AnnyMay. This is Brock and Dylan." he introduced his friends. He spoke kindly but his friends made smooth moves by each taking each of our hands and kissing the backs. Then they switched us and kissed the other hand. AnnyMay and I made a very shocked but yet pleased face. Where all the guys at this place this charming, smooth, handsome, and dazzling?

        "So Ashley, I was wondering if you wanted to come with me and the gang to go for pizza during lunch?" he smiled crookedly.

        "Well I'm not sure." I looked at AnnyMay and she lifted her lunch box.

        "Your friend says no. That's okay. If you say no, it's fine too. It's your choice, no push." he spoke smoothly.

        "Well I mean. I would love to but what about getting to class on time?" I worried.

        "I'll get you back on time, fox." Brock winked.

        "I guess but I don't want to be trouble."

        "Oh, no trouble at all." Dylan sang as he put his shades on.

        "What do you say, Ashley? Pizza with us?" Chad looked hopeful.

        "That's sounds rad." I nodded.

        "Rock'in. I'll find you then." Chad smiled.

        "Okay." I felt my smile grow widely.

        "See ya." he turned with his friends and then they jogged around the corner. I saw his feet pick up as he ran. I knew they celebrated after they were gone from sight. AnnyMay had a huge smile on her face too. I turned to her and see just shook her head at me.

        "What?" I giggled. She giggled and poked my cheeks. I felt their heat radiate. I was blushing because of Chad Franco. No boy has ever made me blush. We squealed and ran off to class.

        Chad sat in his normal seat but stared at me with boldness this time. He would laugh to himself when I would glance at him but would be embarrassed with the fact he was watching. The teacher asked me to read a poem to the class and instead of laughing he made sure his friends shut up and listen to me. He seemed intrigued to listen to me read.