Traumatized

We went to order pizza from Pizza Hut. I've rarely gotten to go to the restaurant and I was happy Chad decided to take me.

"What type of pizza would you like?" he asked as he opened the door for me.

"Pepperoni." I smiled.

"Good. You eat like me." he smiled back. His smile made my heart melt.

We walked in and quickly caught eyes. I started clamming up and quickly walked behind Chad with my head down to the cashier. Chad ordered our food quickly and looked around casually. I kept my eyes on lower things. He noticed my quietness.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing." I said in a small voice. He tried to look at my face but I turned my head in the opposite direction. People were very much staring at us and I didn't like it.

"Are you shy?" he wondered. I didn't answer because I was too ashamed.

"Come with me." he grabbed my hand gently and walked me to a table. He pulled my seat out for me and walked on the other side to sit in front of me. I felt his eyes stare holes into my head. He sat quietly and stared at me. This made nothing better.

"Stop that." I mumbled, eyes on the table.

"What?" he asked.

"Staring at me. It's unnerving." I spoke quickly and quietly.

"Why? You aren't much of a bad sight." he said.

"I don't like it. I never have. Everyone is looking at me." I covered my face.

"How do you know? You can't see them." he spoke calmly.

"I can feel it. All those people staring and talking." I shook my head.

"You do it in class." he commented brightly.

"That's different."

"Just look up. It's only you and I, that's all that matters. Who cares what other people think." he touched my arm. I took my hands off my face slowly but kept my eyes closed. I heard him chuckle at me.

"Ashley, stop being so silly." he laughed. I opened my eyes with a sigh and looked around. No one payed me a lick of attention. Chad looked amused by me.

"Okay. I was being a little over dramatic." I admitted.

"A little?" he raised an eyebrow. I just blushed. Our pizza came and we decided to stay where we were.

"What's happen'in Chad?" a voice called. I turned and saw a group of three jocks. They all shared the black leather jacket look and bad guy looks.

"Jimmy." Chad smiled at the one who spoke. They walked over to our table and Jimmy did a quick friendship handshake. Jimmy glanced over at me, his friends had dark sunglasses and one had a tooth pick in his mouth.

"This your girl?" Jimmy looked at me.

"She's with me." Chad answered. Jimmy licked his lip at me to flirt and I gave him a disgusted look. He didn't like it put his quick frown went back to a smirk.

"So are you ditch'in or what?" he asked Chad, with a lot of charisma.

"She doesn't roll like that. I have to take her back for her next class." Chad took a bite of his pizza.

"Oh, you found a goody goody." Jimmy glanced at me. "At least she's pretty. Is she jelly brain or something?"

I opened my mouth to protest but Chad gave me a look and I didn't argue.