You Are Good

What if he won't come? What if he forgot about me? How could he forget me? I am such a fool. How could I have thought that Chad  would have really wanted to be around me? He has so many friends he could forget about me anytime he wanted to and not feel lonely.

I wasn't going to cry. I wasn't going to cry.

Go ahead and cry. No one's here to even care. He's thirty minutes late.

I really hated to think that Chad really made me walk a block from the bus stop and wait in the chilling air for him not to show up. My legs shook with both worry and cold.

"Oh please, Chad." I whispered with my eyes closed in the last bit of hope I had. I opened my eyes to nothing but the open road of the now scary looking neighborhood.

"Oh, Chad." I whined finally as I could feel my face become hot and I wanted to cry over him.

Suddenly I see head lights speed down the road and it wasn't long before his car stopped in front of me. He rolled down the window with the most apologetic smile on his face. I said nothing and moved to get to the other side of the car. He was quick to find his way to me and pull off his jacket and put on me. I shrugged it off.

"Oh come on, Ashley. I'm sorry. I was held back. My dad was going through some issues and he said I had to be there. I got away as fast as I could. I couldn't stop thinking about you. I was worried. I'm sorry, Ashley." he as he reached to touch my face. I looked up at him, not holding back a single bit of my feelings. He let out a silent sigh of grief.

I looked down at the door and reached for it. He still placed that stupid warmed jacket on me before I could plop down in the car.

He took a little time to himself before making his way back to the driver's seat.

"I'm new at this, Ashley. I'm trying." he murmured softly to me. I glanced up at him quickly before looking back out the window in front of me. I wasn't going to speak because I was afraid of what I might say and if my voice was reveal everything I put myself through by just thinking the worst.

I just spoke to him differently. I hugged the jacket close to me and nuzzled my face into it. I buckled in and stared at him, waiting.

He smiled, still sorry and saddened.

"I will make it up to you, little red bird." he said. I felt my stomach flutter and my heart skipped three beats. My face warmed and he really smiled this time. The famous crooked one.

He put the car in gear and we drove off.

We watched some action movie that Chad was excited to watch. Honestly, I didn't care what we watched. I was glad to be here. I never experienced anything like this a day in my life. I couldn't wait to write about this in my book. I glanced up at Chad who had this huge goofy smile on his beautiful face as he watched the big screen in front of us. There were other car spaced out around us. I could see groups of friends on top of cars and outside them with chairs and food.

Couples young and old sat around and held each other as they watched. Some of the younger couples were kissing rather harshly and I was sure that's all they came for.

Chad was enjoying his second box of popcorn and I enjoyed a small box of candy and shared the popcorn with Chad. We also shared the cola, which was different but I truly didn't mind.

I took the opportunity to scribble down some of my thoughts, most about the handsome fellow seating beside me. I had never seen him so cheerful and boyish. He looked younger and excited. His smile was dazzling and his laughter was music to me. I hoped that there would be more funny parts to the movie so I could just hear him laugh one more time.