Neoclassic

After so much excitement, Trollex was more than happy to accept Trollzart's offer of going to sleep, smiling as the older troll insisted on tucking him in. "I promise, I'm fine! I can put myself to bed..."

The jovial old troll just shook his head at that. "Oh yes, I know you can, but I want to. Don't deny an old troll these simple pleasures."

He had to relent after that, snuggling into the covers after he was tucked in. It wasn't long before he was snoring softly, his ear fins twitching slightly.

Trollzart bit his lip a bit. "My oh my, he is rather cute, isn't he..." He left the room quietly, leaving the door open just enough to let a little light in. He then sighed softly and sat in his usual chair with a good book. He needed a little time to collect his thoughts, and a good novel always put his mind at ease enough to think.

A few chapters in, and Trollzart ended up snoring softly in his lounge chair, book rested on his chest and tea cup empty on the table beside him.

Come morning, Trollex awoke to a wonderful smell that nearly pulled him out of bed on its own. He followed his lack of nose into the kitchen, and found Trollzart within making breakfast. "Ooh, what are you making? It smells so good...!"

Trollzart let out a small squeak, nearly dropping his ladle before laughing softly, turning to Trollex and revealing that he wasn't wearing his usual conductors robes, but instead a fluffy bathrobe, with an apron draped over him that said 'Stand back, grandpa is grillin' and Trollex had to cover his mouth to stifle his laughter. Trollzart seemed otherwise unperturbed.

"Good morning, Trollex! I thought you might like a little breakfast before the concert. It's scheduled for a little bit before noon. I hope you are ok with that?"

Trollex was having a REALLY hard time calming himself. "Y-Yeah, it's—ha-ha, it's fine...! Hehehe...!"

Trollzart set his hands on his hips and puffed his chest out a little, showing off the apron. He feigned frustration, though it was clear he was joking about. "I don't know what you're laughing at, young'un."

"Nothing! Nothing, just your apron is awesome... hehe!"

"Oh this? Stylish, isn't it?" He struck a pose, which was the straw that broke Trollex's will. He nearly fell to the floor, clutching his stomach as he laughed. Trollzart played it up. "I was told it is the height of fashion, don't you agree?"

He chuckled softly when the young king whipped a tear from his eyes, barely able to start calming himself. Once he could speak without a snicker, he finally returned his attention to Trollzart, who had thankfully finished cooking and hung his apron up again. "S-Sorry, Trollzart, it's just... that was a great apron~"

Trollzart smiled brightly. "I know, one of my grandtrolls got it for me." He tried to pick up the two dishes, but Trollex dashed forward and took them both, holding them up.

"Let me help, you've done a lot for me already."

"Oh, you're such a sweet boy. Thank you, I do appreciate it. We can eat in the living room, if you like? I have a tub if you wish to wash up, and I can have some clothes prepared for you."

While Trollex had once again planned on saying he didn't need so much, the look Trollzart gave him said there was no room for argument. "Alright, grandpop..." The smile that lit Trollzart's face could have brightened the deep ocean.

Once they had finished eating together, Trollex asking Trollzart about his large branching family, and Trollzart asking about Trollex's home in the reef, the young king decided it was time for a nice bath. He ran the water, at first ready to use regular cold water, before Trollzart showed him the hot water tap.