Big Blue Baddie (Part 1)

Riff was hanging out with the gang at a pizza shop.

Poppy said, "Well, I'm so glad we could all be here tonight."

Barb said, "Yeah, dude. Who would want to miss out on pizza?"

Riff said, "I sure hope we have plenty of this for my birthday."

Branch said, "Your birthday's next week."

Riff said, "I didn't mean now."

Barb then remembered, "Oh, shoot. Riff, I just remembered; Your house is being fumigated. The city's started to become invested with whimsy wasps. Guess we've been opening up to more whimsical traits since our tribes came together."

Riff said, "Ok. When?"

Barb responded, "Tonight?"

Branch said, "Tonight? Why are you telling him this now?"

Barb just said, "Slipped my mind. But, it should only last for a few hours."

Poppy said, "Well, Riff. While your house is being fumigated, you're welcome to stay in Pop Village."

Biggie said, "Oh! You could stay with me. We'd have a great time!"

Riff said, "How could I argue with enthusiasm like that?"

Biggie shouted, "Yay!"

Everyone said their goodbyes and Riff went with Biggie back to Pop Village.

***

Back in Biggie's pod, Biggie said, "Ooh, we're going to have so much fun. I've got some cooking to do, but make yourself at home in the meantime."

Riff said, "Thanks, big guy. And thanks for the invite."

Biggie said, "Of course. Come on, Mr. Dinkles."

"Meep."

Riff just sat down on the couch and read a newspaper.

However, one of the articles caught his attention.

It was from Pop Village.

He read it.

"Trolls have been reporting signs of a mysterious figure causing mass destruction and stealing important items. Some of the destruction has caused near-death accidents. We have reason to believe our town may have a murderer. Well, more specifically, Branch believes it."

Riff got a little nervous.

He continued reading.

"However, a witness was able to give a good description of the suspect. The figure causing our destruction is chubby, big, and blue."

Riff asked himself, "Chubby, big, and blue?"

He then heard chopping.

Riff peaked into the kitchen.

Biggie chopped off a turkey leg.

Riff quietly said, "Mother."

He then fainted.

***

Riff woke up in bed.

"Where am I?"

He then saw a picture of Biggie, "I'm at Biggie's pod!"

He then remembered the newspaper, "Biggie's a murderer!"

He thought about what to do.

He then saw a phone.

"I gotta call 911! Ah! I don't remember the number for 911! Then, I'll call 411! No, I don't remember that number either! I know! I'll call Barb!"

But, when he dialed the number, he didn't hear anything on the line, "He cut the phone line! I gotta get out of here!"

He opened the door, and yelled when he saw Biggie.

"Biggie! You scared me! Not that you're scary. I just didn't expect you to be standing there like a psychopath. Not that you're a psychopath."

Biggie asked, "Feeling better?"

Riff answered, "Yep. All better, in fact. I should probably get going. The fumigation's probably done by now."

Biggie said, "Oh, ok. I'll take you."

But then, Riff said to himself, "Wait. They say never let your attacker take you to a second location."

Biggie heard him, "What?"

"If you drive me to my house, you'd be taking me to a second location."

"So?"

Riff then got into his face, "Nice try, chubby. But, you're not taking me anywhere."

Biggie looked at himself, "You think I'm chubby?"

"You're not just chubby. You're chubby, big, and blue."

Biggie gasped and ran off, "Rude!"

Riff just said, "Awfully sensitive for a killer."