Snow Day (Part 1)

Everyone in Trollstopia met in Pop Village for a very special day; Snow Day.

For most of the year, the seasons are warm and sunny.

But, winter is short.

Like, very short.

The Trolls would have to cram an entire season's worth of good times into just one day.

The leaders made their announcement in front of a countdown meter.

Barb said, "Be ready, Trolls! Soon, the Big Snowflake will drop and Snow Day will officially begin."

Everyone cheered.

King Quincy continued, "And now, we would like to announce that the sign-ups for the annual Frosty Fun Games are now open."

Smidge immediately went up and signed up for every event.

Queen Essence said, "Smidge, honey, that's a lot of events you're entering. Some might even say an excessive amount."

Delta said, "I'll say. Even we Country Trolls don't do that many things on a usual chore day."

Smidge said, "Your Majesties, it's not excessive, it's simple math. The more Frosty Fun Games I enter, the more chance I have to win a first place. And I have never won a first place. So, you see, my behavior is very logical."

She started cackling maniacally.

The others just backed away slowly.

Branch then showed up, "You guys, I'm taking a survey of popular Snow Day activities. On a scale of one to five, how would you describe building a snowman?"

They all shouted, "Ten!"

Branch replied, "Ok, I understand you love Snow Day so much, but please be completely honest."

They then shouted, "Twelve!"

Branch explained that since he's missed so many Snow Days in his bunker, he had boiled his areas of focus into three key activities: Sledding, snowboarding, and ice climbing.

They were impressed.

Trollex then said, "I mostly have just one thing planned for this Snow Day."

DJ said, "Oh, no. Don't tell me. Is it..."

Trollex finished, "Snowball fighting!"

TBDB said, "Oh, here we go again."

Poppy asked, "What?"

TBDB explained, "Trollex has never been able to beat his parents in a snowball fight. And every single year on Snow Day, he goes overboard trying to beat them at their own game."

King Phyto and Queen Varuna came by.

Phyto sad, "Did someone say 'snowball fight'?"

Varuna said, "Oh, I hope our little one's ready for our annual family snowball fight."

Trollex said, "Wouldn't miss it, you guys!"

When they left, Trollex quietly said, "They are going down!"

Barb asked, "If you've never beaten them in a snowball fight, what makes you think you can beat them now?"

Trollex answered, "Because what they don't know is I've been preparing this year. They will not know what hit them. Well...it'll be a snowball, but you get the idea."

DJ said, "Well, good luck with that. But, this is between you and them. I don't want anything to do with it."

Trollex said, "Fine by me."

Just then, the crowd started counting down, "Ten, nine, eight..."

Trollzart said, "Wonderful! It's almost time!"

But, Branch said, "But, I left Gary's scarf at home! BRB!"

He then left.

And when the countdown got to three...the snow fell.

Poppy said, "Looks like winter came early this year."

Everyone cheered and started the Snow Day fun.