chapter 13

Gabriel’s POV:

Thank God she decided to go back with me.
She finished packing and checked out of the motel. The receptionist gave me her number while Ella wasn’t looking.
I winked at her and left with Ella, I carried the luggage while she carried William.
She suddenly stopped, “What’s wrong?”
“My mom’s car. I came with it… How…”
“I’ll call someone to come get it for her, don’t worry” I said.
She nodded, I opened the door for her to get in.
I put the luggage in the car and drove off, I can’t stop glancing at her.
Why didn’t I noticed this before, she’s so beautiful. And my son looks exactly like me.
She strapped the baby at the backseat then brought out her phone.
I wonder if she has much friends, practically after I destroyed her life… I guess she shut everyone out of her life.
“What happened Gabriel? Why are you crying?” She asked staring at me.
That’s when I realized that tears are in my eyes, you may think I’m a weak and stupid person but this is how I feel.
I ruined someone’s life for falling in love with me, how can I ever make it up to her?
“Its nothing” I replied wiping my tears.
“You’re lying. You’re thinking about something and its making you sad. You can talk to me” she said again.
I looked through the mirror and saw the baby giggling.
“I’m…fine. Don’t worry”
She sighed, “Stop the car”
“But why”
“Just stop the car” she almost yelled and I quickly parked somewhere.
What have I done now? She can’t possibly be thinking about leaving me and going back.
She went out of the car, I quickly followed her.
“Ella… I’m sorry… I don’t…” She stopped me by putting a finger on my lips.
“I know its too early but here’s some hope. I still love you Gabriel, I’ve always loved you”
I can’t believe what I’m hearing.
She loves me!
“I don’t know why I still do despite my hatred and anger, I know you did wrong but everyone deserves a second chance…”
I swear I’m already feeling hopeful.
“I’m gonna give you a chance to prove your love for me by watching you. I’ve forgiven you so stop thinking about it. Its all in the past now”
I hugged her, “You have no idea how excited I am to hear this. Thank you Ella, thank you”
She pulled away and did the unexpected, she kissed me.
Then pulled away, “Let’s say we’re not yet official but remember not to prove me right”
“I won’t”
She dragged me to the drivers seat and closed the door, then she got in the car.
“Drive”
“Yes ma’am” I said and drove off.
She looked back at the baby, I pushed the seat and it went back.
“Wow. This is cool” she said smiling.
“You like it?” I asked.
“I love it… I can play with my baby from here” she replied excitedly.
“William… I’ve reconciled with your daddy like you wanted. Hope you’re happy now?”
The baby giggled and mumbled something, “Cool… He’s happy”
I can’t stop smiling watching them from the mirror, they both look so cute.
“Daddy’s sorry for everything Willy. Tell your mother that”
“Stop being naughty Gabriel… I heard you”
We both laughed as I continued driving fast but carefully on the road.
By dark I pulled over right in front of their house, Ella’s mom was waiting right outside for us.
She came to me as I parked, Ella and the baby are already asleep.
“Good evening ma’am” I said but she shocked me.
She hugged me “Bless you son. Thank you for bringing my joy back. I never thought she’d listen but it seems you have an effect on her”
“This is the least I can do for all I’ve done ma’am. I’m really sorry for everything” I said.
“If you have her forgiveness then its all good”
I smiled, she went in and carried William inside.
I carried Ella up to her room, I gently placed her on the bed and kissed her forehead.
I saw her mother watching from the door, I was about leaving when she dragged me back.
“Don’t leave… Stay with me” she mumbled in her sleep.
I looked at her mom who smiled at me, she closed the door and walked away.
I smiled at Ella and laid beside her, I pulled her to myself and cuddled her.
How more happier can I be?

________________
Andrew’s POV:

Ella didn’t come home and Gabriel didn’t come either.
Daniela and I went after school, her mom said Gabriel had gone to get her.
I don’t know why the thought of them together is making my blood boil.
Everyone knows Gabriel is a player and very cunning.
What if he’s not sorry about what he did and he just wants to hurt her again.
Ella must be careful with him.
I can’t even sleep, no school tomorrow so I’m going there to look for her.
If I don’t see her then I’ll be forced to take the address from her mother.