Chapter 12

"You told me that you were going to help me out! You lying degenerate. I should have never even trusted you!" the girl shouted. She had dark brown hair which seemed to have a green tint. I swear I saw her at that stupid tea party we had. Her name began with a 't'.
"Tenko, I said that tomorrow I will help you," Shuichi sighed. Tenko! That was it. She's another leader, leader of Security Department.
"You fool! I said that we would do it today," Tenko yelled. She seemed to like yelling.
"I know, but then I said that I would help you tomorrow. I mean is it that hard to teach a few kids about the Security Department?" Shuichi yelled back. He looks like he's getting annoyed.
"Why did I have to even talk to you! Big mistake. Your kind can't do anything!" Tenko argued back. Jeez. What's her problem?
"My kind?" Shuichi gasped.
"Why do you look so shocked?!" she snapped. I have had about enough of her yelling. It's giving me a headache.
"Why do you keep shouting?" I yelled at her. She jumped and looked at me.
"I didn't even notice you there and I always notice a degenerate male," she gasped.
"Why are you calling us that?" I complained.
"It's the truth!" she sighed. I rolled my eyes.
"Kokichi, this is Tenko. Tenko, this is Kokichi. Tenko, be nice," Shuichi glared.
"Tenko, be nice," she mocked. "How dare you say that to me?" she yelled. Before I knew it, Shuichi was screaming and flying in the air.
"Gahhhh!" he shouted. I stared at him while he literally did a somersault mid air and came crashing down.
"That's what you get!" she growled and then stormed off. I looked down at Shuichi.
"Kokichi....I...think she broke my back," he mumbled. I burst out laughing.
"This isn't funny," he complained.
"Oh shush," I smiled and grabbed his arm. I tried pulling him up and he was much more lighter than I thought. Considering that I've never worked out in my life, getting him back on his feet was easy. He stretched his arms out and sighed.
"Anyhow, what was that about?" I spoke up.
"Nothing much. It's just that I promised Tenko I'd help her out with settling some new kids into the Security Department. I said that I would do it tomorrow but she wanted me to do it today," he frowned. As I've heard already, the newbies who aren't Ultimates go to the Training Department to train. Afterwards, they get transferred into the department of their leaders' choice. I was lucky to get the department I wanted.
"Ohh well, are you going to do that tomorrow?" I questioned.
"At this rate, I don't think it will be healthy for me to be near her. If she does her aikido on me again, I might die," he complained. I laughed at him again.
"This is not funny," he repeated.
"You've already said that," I teased.
"Yeah yeah," Shumai muttered. I looked at the clock in the bowling centre. It was a little past lunch time now. The cafeteria must have died down. We could go there for lunch or we could go to the cafe down on the first floor. Actually, there was that restaurant we went to last time, we could go there. Wait, does he even have the time to go with me to lunch. What if he's busy?
"What do you want for lunch?" Shuichi spoke up. I blinked a couple of times.
"What?" I mumbled. I didn't expect him to say that. I thought that I would have to ask him what he wants for lunch. I snapped out of my trance when I realised that he was expecting an answer.
"That cafe looked nice," I smiled at him.
"Oki, the cafe it is," he replied and walked out of the bowling centre. I looked back at the bright blue screen that had our scores on it. I had won due to my multiple strikes.
"Nishis! Did you see that Shuichi!" I shouted as I chased after him.
"What?" he looked at me.
"I won, I won!" I giggled like a child.
"I know," he grumbled. I just laughed.

"We're here," Shuichi gestured to the inside of the cafe. It was a small cafe for sure. It had a blue interior, with blue chairs and blue tables. It wasn't your normal blue it was more of a royal blue.
"Cool," I replied and walked to the closest table. I wasn't going to walk all the way to the back just to get a table. That would be stupid. You know what is stupid though? The fact that I haven't gotten an update on Yuri. I asked Shuichi to follow up on it and he said that he was going to ask Rantaro and tell me 'tomorrow' he says. Tomorrow? It's been days! Why hasn't he said anything? Did he forget? Or is it something else?
"So, what do you think that you will have?" Shuichi smiled at me. I looked at the menu. I'm not that hungry to be honest.
"I'm not very hungry, I'll go for something light," I muttered. Of course, phanta was a must have but what else? Hmm. My eyes scrolled down the menu until I found a familiar dish. Ramen. Funny enough, this cafe had a lot of the stuff the restaurant had. It wasn't a buffet of any sort but it still had a nice variety of dishes.
"Yeah, I'm not hungry either because we had ice cream," Shumai sighed.
"I think that I will just have ramen," I smiled.
"Okay, I'll have the same," he replied. Our ramen was cooked and my phanta was served after a little while. I drank a sip of my phanta and realised that I hadn't confronted Shuichi about Yuri yet.
"Hey Shumai. You are the type of person to not forget stuff as you're a detective," I started.
"Yeah?" he questioned.
"So, I was wondering did you ever talk to Rantaro about Yuri?" I questioned him. I took a bite of my ramen and I realised that he had stopped eating. His chopsticks were neatly placed on the napkin which was placed on the table. He looked to the right in such a manner that a bit of his face was covered. Specifically, his eyes. Something was wrong.
"Shumai?" I stated. He didn't answer.
"Shumai?" I yelled, hoping that he would respond.
"I did speak to him," he finally spoke up.
"Well, what did he say?" I replied. Why is he being like this?
"Yuri...was...she isn't here anymore," he muttered. Here anymore? What's that supposed to mean?
"What do you mean?" I commented.
"I'm sorry Kokichi, she was moved," he sighed.
Moved? Moved where? Who would even move her? This was all Rantaro's idea wasn't it? Wasn't it?
                                          •
They're ——ng to -ou.