Chapter 15

"This is the cafeteria," I pointed at the room next to us. Hajime nodded, although he seemed preoccupied. I mean who wouldn't be? Your friend- or acquaintance because we just met- has said that he would confess his feelings. However, the man he is confessing to has went off somewhere and hasn't come back.
"Where has he gone? We left for one minute and then he has just vanished," Nagito whispered. I shrugged my shoulders.
"Nagito, shouldn't it be in a more...I don't know, nicer place rather than in the middle of a hallway," Hajime sighed.
"You're right Hajime," Nagito nodded. It would be nice to do it at the leader's section but I can't go there without Shuichi's permission. Plus, we just went there so it will be borrring! I childishly frowned. What to do now?
"Ohh I know!" Nagito gasped. "How about we do it here?" he pointed to a pink room.
"Uhh Nagito we haven't even been in there," Hajime frowned. I looked at the room. I haven't even been in there. I wonder what it is.
"I know, but it looks nice," Nagito smiled.
"I haven't been in there," I muttered. "Well, let's go in there!" I yelled. The group that I was meant to be 'running' was everywhere. They couldn't even stay still! Stupid people. Well, it was more like Nagito, Hajime and I walked away from them when I was discussing my feelings. I did point out rooms here and there but we were mainly talking. Perhaps, if it weren't for us talking then I wouldn't have lost sight of Shuichi. The pink doors flung open and I peered inside. It was a cute little room, with wooden blue chairs and yellow tables. There were cakes stacked up on some glass counters and a person was standing at the back. It almost seemed like a doll house's room with the cute cakes and decor.
"See, it's a little bakery," Nagito smiled. A bakery huh? It looks fairly new as the smell of paint still lingered in the air.
"This would be perfect," Hajime continued. I nodded.
"Hello, what would you like today?" the lady at the counter asked. She had black hair and creepy green eyes.
"Nothing," I replied.
"How about you two go find him and I will set it up?" Hajime asked.
"Wouldn't it be better if I set it up?" I questioned. This was going to be my confession after all.
"No! Go find him!" Hajime insisted and pushed us out of the room.
"What was that about?" I asked. Nagito shrugged.
"I don't know," he laughed nervously. I walked ahead of Nagito and looked around.
"Well, I have no clue where he would be," I murmured.
"Let's split up then," he stated. Split up? If that would help, then we should might as well do it.

I walked into his office and glanced around. He was not there. Gosh, where could he be? I mean he was showing the new employees around so he couldn't have gone far. Maybe he's at the Security Department? That could be a possibility. I ran out of his office and got something or rather someone.
"Watch where you are going!" she yelled. I looked up to see Maki. I sighed. Best day ever.
"It's so nice to see you two!" I laughed. She rolled her eyes and carried on walking.
"Wait!" I shouted. She stopped mid track.
"What do you want?" she angrily answered.
"Geez, with that attitude, I'm not going to tell you," I teased.
"Good," she replied then carried on walking.
"Ugh. You should be happy I am in a hurry. Have you seen Shuichi?" I asked.
"Shuichi? Yeah, he was just at Tenko's department. Now goodbye," she sighed. I thought that he was at Tenko's department. To her department then! This is like an Easter egg hunt.

"Tenkooo!" I yelled while I walked into her department.
"Not Tenko, Shuichi," the bluenette laughed. My eyes shot wide open. What was I doing? I was going to confess to him. I looked at Nagito who was standing next to him. He had probably just got here too.
"Kokichi weren't we going to go to the little bakery that opened?" Nagito asked, emphasising the word we. I nodded, not saying anything. Shuichi looked confused.
"I'm sorry, do I know you?" He asked Nagito.
"My apologies, Nagito Komaeda. Kokichi's friend," Nagito answered. "Anyhow, would you like to come with us?"
"Yeah sure, I'm done here," Shuichi replied. "Kokichi, where is the rest of your group?" he asked me. I looked around- as if they would be there. They have probably gone to the hotel or something.
"Not a clue," I giggled. "Being a leader isn't hard- I'm just preoccupied."
"Well, hopefully they would have some common sense to come back here," Shuichi sighed.
"I'm sure they're not kids!" I added. Shuichi nodded. Nagito started to walk towards the door. Shuichi and I followed him. I don't know if this would go well or wrong, but either way I am going to do it. Nagito opened the doors and inside Hajime had set up a table for us. It was obvious he had done that because this particular table stood out from the rest. It had a unique chocolate cake on it- kind of like the one Shuichi gave me for my birthday and two plates. Sitting neatly on those plates were a fork and a knife.
"Oh, where did Hajime go?" Nagito acted out. I smiled, Hajime and him were very nice people.
"I'm just going to go look for him," Nagito sighed. He left the room and I gestured Shuichi to the table. He nodded and sat down.
We sat there in awkward silence for a bit before I spoke up.
"Would you like some cake?" I asked.
"Yes, but don't worry about me. I will get it," he smiled and put some cake down for the both of us.
"Shuichi I...I think.... ithinkilikeyoubut-" I stammered before Shuichi cut me off.
"You already talk fast but that was way too fast," he laughed. I gulped. Okay, one more time.
"I think that I like you," I whispered. I looked down, ready to face defeat when a spoon of cake was pointed to my face. It's chocolate icing was dripping from the side and the cake itself had chocolate bits.
"You know Kokichi, it takes a lot of guts to confess like you've done. You act almighty with others, but with me you're as sweet as this cake. That side of you I love and yes, I do have a big crush on you," he laughed. His laugh was angelic and it made me smile. I looked up to see a huge smile on his face and he was slightly blushing. I probably looked the same way.
"Wahooo!" Nagito bursted through the doors. My head immediately spun to him and so did Shuichi's. Hajime quickly pulled him back into the hallway, embarrassed. I let out a small laugh and Shuichi did too.

They're -ying to you.