Chapter 24

Ryder fell asleep instantly, just proving to me that he was truly exhausted. Once I knew he was in a deep sleep, I skillfully got out of his tight grip to start packing. I grabbed the duffel bag I used to bring clothes here all those months ago and began to fill it with a couple pairs of leggings and shirts, along with some underwear and two of Ryder's shirts to sleep in. I threw my toiletries in a small bag before throwing it into the duffel before bringing it downstairs.

I absolutely hated the thought of leaving Ryder alone to deal with my mess. I have no idea how Rico even knows who I am, let only why in god's name does he think I belong to him?!?

I walk back upstairs to do the same for Carter while he is still sleeping. I'm not sure how he'll take leaving Ryder for a week. He has really gotten accustomed to Ryder, I don't want him to think that we're leaving and never coming back. 

I head downstairs to make some food for lunch and some food for Ryder to eat during the week. Even though he probably won't want to stay here without us, I don't want him to go hungry. As I start cutting up some vegetables for stir-fry, the immediate urge to throw up burns my throat. I drop the knife on the counter before running to the bathroom to throw up what remains of last night's dinner.

Once I'm done puking my guts out, I quietly run upstairs to brush my teeth so I don't wake up Ryder. As I brush my teeth for the third time, I peek my head out the door to make sure Ryder is still sleeping. My eyes go wide as I stare at my mate, before looking back to stare at myself in the mirror in horror as my hand immediately goes to my stomach, there's no way.....

I quickly finish and hightail it out of the bedroom and back downstairs to the kitchen. I can't be pregnant! This is not the time to be pregnant!

I attempt to lose myself in the cooking instead of thinking of me possibly being with child, but I can't. This is not the time for a baby, we are on the brink of war! I have Ryder who is possessive as hell already, can you imagine him with a baby on the way? Not to mention we have Rico, god know's what his plan is...

I shake my head, trying to clear my head of those thoughts. I can't tell Ryder about the baby right now. He's not going to send us to Elijah's if he knows I'm pregnant, which is going to stress him out even more.

I come up with a plan as I finish cook: I'll go to Elijah's territory and take a pregnancy test and work our way from there.

I finally decide to wake Ryder up at about 11. I walk into our room and see him squeezing the life out of a pillow, which he probably thinks is me. Thank god I'm not that pillow. I sit on the bed and rub his back, "Babe, time to wake up. You gotta break the news to your son and we have to be at the pack house in an hour."

He stirs slowly before sitting up and stretching, "How long have I been sleeping?"

I lean over and give him a kiss on his lips, "A couple hours, but its 11 now."

Ryder responds immediately, picking me up and placing me in his lap, "You know I don't want to send you and our son away right? I just don't want Rico to know where you two are. If he doesn't know where you are, I have the upper hand."

I nod, resting my cheek on his chest, "I know. I just need you to kill him so we can be together," I say, before turning my head to look at him with a smile, " I just don't know how you are going to last a whole week without us."

He groans, dropping his head on my shoulder, "Don't remind me. I have no idea how I'm going to sleep without my cuddle buddy or pup nearby. That and my wolf is so on edge right now. He really doesn't want to let you or Carter out of sight."

I nod in understanding, "Well we still have to get up. And I'm serious about you telling Carter. I'm not going to have him mad at me, and he needs to hear it from you that we are coming back. I don't want him to be upset thinking you are sending us away and we can never come back."